In this day of easy-believism it is sometimes difficult for new converts to distinguish truth from error. I John 4:1 warns: "…believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they be of God…."
How does one try the spirits? Is there a litmus test that we can apply? The next two verses of this passage provide the answer. It says "Hereby know we the Spirit of God; every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God; and every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist…."
The contrast between the two spirits is quite apparent; one is a true witness and the other is not. Unfortunately, in this day of pseudo Christianity the lines of truth and error are often blurred and inexperienced believers find themselves unsure of what to believe in certain matters
Following is a list of contrasting attributes between the Spirit of Truth (The Lord Jesus Christ) and the Spirit of Error (The Anti-Christ). When questions arise as to whether a thing is true or false, one only needs to measure it against the attributes of each spirit to determine who is behind it. It really is as simple as that.
Hopefully this extensive, but incomplete list will serve as a quick-reference for you and help you understand better the mind of Christ and the wicked ways of the evil one so that you can make right decisions on things in your life.
- Spirit of Truth (The Lord Jesus Christ)
• Spirit of Error (The Anti-Christ)
- Member of Holy Trinity - (Father, Son and Holy Spirit
• Member of Unholy Trinity - (Satan, False Prophet, Anti-Christ)
- Established His Church - (The Unspotted Bride)
• Establishes the Apostate Church - (The Great Harlot)
- Represents the Word of God
• Misrepresents the Word of God
- Came in God’s name
• Comes in his own name
- He was despised by men
• He will be exalted by men
- He did his Father’s will
• He does his own will
- He came to save mankind
• He comes to destroy mankind
- He is the Holy One
• He is the Lawless One
- He is the Son of God
• He is the Son of Perdition
- He is the sacrificial lamb
• He is the ravenous wolf
- He will glorify his bride the church
• He will kill his harlot wife the false church
- He is God who made himself man
• He is man who will make himself god
- He represents the spirit of truth
• He represents the spirit of error
- He loves man
• He hates man
- He will be exalted
• He will be destroyed
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR BY COMMENTING
LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Gary Kurz or search for other articles by topic below.
Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through
Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
TRUST JESUS TODAY
Free Audio Bible
500 Plus Languages
Faith Comes By Hearing.com