Life Lessons revealed by the Lord from Gospel of Luke Chapter 19
by Joshua - Ashish Macwan
Free to Share
Author requests article critique
Free to Share
Author requests article critique
Beloved members of the Body of Christ, For the Glory of our Lord and Saviour Christ Jesus I am sharing with you the revelations that the Lord our God brought through His Holy Spirit on 25/03/2007 while I was spending time with the Lord while I was reading the word of God from the Gospel of Luke. I am sharing the same with you because I feel an inner urge to share His revelations with you; for through this revelations God wants to minister His people. I pray to the Lord God our Father in the Heaven that through His revealed word, many shall be ministered and as I am encouraged through His word, many of you also will be strengthened and encouraged by the Word of God.
The following are the life-lessons that Lord enlightened to me from the Chapter 19:28-48 of Gospel of Luke: -
1) The Lord our God is a promise giving a keeping God (Jehovah El-Berith): -
Bible says that, “God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promises and not fulfill? Yes, our Lord is a faithful Lord and as the rain and snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is the word that goes out of Lord’s mouth: it does not return to the Lord empty, but accomplish what Lord’s desire and achieve the purpose for which the Lord sent it. It was Lord who spoke His prophetic word to servant Zechariah 9:9, “Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout, Daughter of Jerusalem! See your King comes to you, righteous and having Salvation, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of the donkey.” Lord God Almighty fulfilled His words and Promises as Jesus Christ His Son, whom He sent to reveals His Love, Righteousness and Salvation for the people of Israel, began to approach Jerusalem riding on a colt.
2) The Lord our God is a giver and a provider (Jehovah Jireh)
Psalmist says, “ The Lord is My shepherd, I shall not want”. Our God is the one who gives us the vision and He is the one who is our provision. The colt upon which Jesus Christ rode was the part of the provision of the vision Lord gave to Zechariah 9:9. It was not by accident that the colt was tied there but the very colt played a major and vital role in fulfilling Lord’s Prophecy. When Lord gave vision to His prophet Zechariah He also provided the Provision for His vision; the provision of His Son Christ Jesus for His people of Israel and the provision of colt for His Son to reach Jerusalem.
3) The Lord our God is a faithful God: -
Lord says, “Commit your ways to me, and I shall direct thy paths”. Our God is not the respecter of person; He honors our faith. It was the faith and obedience of Christ Jesus, that He send forth his disciples to untie the colt because He knew that His Father who has sent Him, is a faithful God, and has provided unto him the colt upon which He had to sit and reach the people of His inheritance as the Lord revealed to His servant Zechariah. Jesus Christ knew that His Father is a faithful God and with His vision comes the provision, He faithfully and obediently committed his ways to His Father and Lord our God directed His paths and revealed His faithfulness towards His Son and His people.
4) When the Lord our God gives His vision & provision, He holds us responsible to walk in His vision, channelize His provision in the best way and fulfill the plans and purposes He has behind the vision. It was Jesus Christ’s obedience that He walked in the desired path of the Lord Almighty and therefore the plan of God came to pass and fulfillment, as Jesus reached Jerusalem riding on the colt.
5) Bible says that, “ There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven.” When the Lord reveals us His vision, blesses us with His provision, He in His appointed time and season’s sends us to fulfill His vision. And when he sends us, the fruitfulness of God’s vision brings Praise & Glory to Him and peace in the heaven! It also blesses us. Jesus Christ went to Jerusalem in the appointed time & season of God the Father and therefore the “True Disciples” welcomed him and praised God for what all He had done for them.
6) Jesus Christ approached to Jerusalem in the gracious time of God our Father, but the people of Zion failed to recognize the coming of their King & Saviour and had to face the judgment of God. If we also fail to recognize the saving time of God’s favor for our lives, then enemy may take over us, consume us and destroy us, just as what then happened to Jerusalem, which was laid waste and ravished by her enemy, fulfilling the words of Christ Jesus.
7) Bible says that, “ Our bodies are the temple of the living God and the Spirit of God resides in it. Any one who tries to destroy the temple of the Lord, the Lord shall destroy him.” When Jesus Christ approached the temple in Jerusalem, He saw that His Father’s house was turned into robbers den and He drove those robbers away from His Father’s house because He knew that His Father’s house will be called “House of Prayer.” So often we being Christians, do the same and make the Lord’s temple/ house, our Bodies, house of robbers, such as: Lust, hatred, evil, malice, jealousy, pride, arrogance, boastfulness, wretchedness, lies and other sort of sins that robs away the Joy, Happiness, Peace of our salvation and above all grieves the Holy Spirit of God. But just as Jesus Christ droved away those robbers from house of His Father, so has He driven away sin, death and Devil from our lives- For this is what Christ died and rose back from the death- to bless us with life a life of abundance.
Beloved Saints, from the above-mentioned life lessons, it is clear that Our God is a mighty God; He is faithful, just and righteous God. He is the only source of our provision, He expects from us humbleness, humility, lowliness, gentleness, meekness and the most important things of all “Our Faith in Him” For without faith it is impossible to please God.
Remember, “In all things God works together for good to those whom love him are called by him according to his purposes.” Our God is Eternal God and when He looks upon us, He sees us through the eternity, so for us every day may be challenging but for the Lord each day our life is known to him, as they are recorded in his books before they come to pass by in our lives.
Dear Friends I hope and pray in Christ Jesus that this article will surely help the believers to get encouraged and help them to walk in the plans and purposes of the Lord Our God, who loves us and cares for us, He shall never leave us neither He shall forsake us, for He who has called us is faithful and Just. May God bless all of us!!
Living Stones Prayer Ministry, India
Mail us @ firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Joshua - Ashish Macwan or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
Hi Joshua, what a lovely name! Yes we know that all things work together for good to those who love God and are called according to His purpose. And we know, for THIS PURPOSE the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. We are ambassadors together for THIS very PURPOSE. Blessings, Sharon