A Rendezvous With Thoughts
A RENDEZVOUS WITH THOUGHTS
Basically, thoughts are the product of the thinking process centered in one's brain. A thought may be singular or, oftentimes collective to form ideas, sometimes reaching the composition level. On the morality scale, thoughts can range downward to the pre-meditated wickedly evil zone or upward to Holy Spirit-filled beauty.
May the following descriptions raise acknowledgements and emotions in your mind:
1. FLEETING thoughts - come and go, rapidly, often not remembered because of the speed with which they pass through the mind.
2. FLICKERING thoughts - rapidly oscillating also - with hopes of forming an idea, seldom successfully.
3. FLUTTERING thoughts - akin to women, methinks hehehe - all over the place, floating and pausing, darting regularly.
4. FLASHING thoughts - ON and OFF all day longs. Hard to get rid off. Like to reappear and the most inopportune times.
Can ruin your lunch!
5. FLAMING thoughts - varying degrees of 'hotness,' as in anger - usually, but not always self-destructive.
6. FLABBERGASTING thoughts - Where did THAT thought come from? I don't believe I even came up with that thought! Not my usual way of thinking...
7. FLOPPING thoughts - These FLOP right down in front of you with a sandwich and a soda - preparing to STAY AWHILE. In-your-face kind of thoughts. Not easy to remove from one's consciousness.
8. FLAUNTING thoughts - "I'm better than him/her." "I have much better clothes than she has. "My job is so much better than his." "God has blessed me more than them." It's best to keep these kinds of thoughts to oneself. Usually UGLY, POMPOUS, and SELFISH when expresses in words.
9. FLOWING thoughts - many thoughts collecting and working together to form an idea or many ideas.
10. FLOATING thoughts - collected together on a liquid medium - like oil spills - they tend to 'hang around' for long periods of time. "I got a lot on my mind today."
11. FLANKING thoughts - From whence did it come? The right side or the left side. The famous BLINDSIDE thought.
They like to ATTACK when you are enjoying yourself.
12. FLOWERING thoughts - Budded thoughts that bloom into beautiful flowers, usually cherished by others. Not many of these around nowadays. Headed for the 'extinct' list---a casualty of our pressure-cooker world.
13. FLYING thoughts - Elevated mood thoughts - they get UP there and soar and glide - resulting in positive, wholesome ideas. Much desired type of thinking.
14. FLOURISHING thoughts - a seed thought---> Stem-builders---> Healthy leaves---> Priceless Fruit; Over and over! Most of all, these approach the plan of God for human life.
"In the multitude of my THOUGHTS within me thy comforts delight my soul." Psalm 94:19. kjv
"The THOUGHTS of the diligent tend only to plenteousness; but of every one that is hasty only to want," PROV 21:5. kjv
"And He (Jesus) said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do THOUGHTS arise in your hearts?" Luke 24:38. kjv
"Jesus knew what they were THINKING and asked, 'Why are you THINKING these things in your hearts?" Luke 5:22. niv
Daniel speaking, "As for thee, O king, thy THOUGHTS came into thy MIND upon thy bed, what should come to pass hereafter: and He that revealeth secrets make known to thee what shall come to pass." Dan 2:29. kjv
"For the Word of God is sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to the dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the THOUGHTS and attitudes of the heart." Heb 4:12. niv
LET'S 'CULTIVATE' OUR THOUGHTS...IN GOD'S WORD...
SO THEY WILL FLOURISH!
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Leon Gile or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.