Ephesians 3;14–21 – The Magnitude of God’s Love
by Gary Sims
Not For Sale
Author requests article critique
Not For Sale
Author requests article critique
Ephesians 3:14-21 – The Magnitude of God’s Love
- 14: “For this reason I bow my knees before the Father.” – Count the reasons that you would fall on your knees to worship God.
- 16: “I pray that…He may grant that you may be strengthened in your inner being with power through His Spirit.” – This is not only a prayer that Paul extended in behalf of the early Christian church, but it is also the fervent desire of the writer if these daily devotions that you, the reader, will grow to feel the power of His Spirit in your heart.
- 18: “I pray that you may have the power to comprehend…what is the breadth and length and height and depth.” – We are instilled with the desire to reach out in complete understanding of God.
- 19: “…and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.” – Knowledge that surpasses knowledge. Love that exceeds loving. Fullness that cannot be contained. All of this is available through Christ.
- 20: “Now to Him who by the power at work within us is able to accomplish abundantly far more than all we can ask or imagine.” – God lives within us and through that residing love and power we are able to respond to fulfill His promise to the world in ways we could never imagine on our own.
- 21: “to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.”
- In what ways has this prayer of Paul’s been answered in your own life? How full of God are you? Have you experienced the power of His Spirit in your heart? Do you grow daily in your understanding of His power and love? Have you been strengthened? Has your knowledge of Him increased? Are you beginning to comprehend the scope of God’s love for you? Do you understand the impact on your life should it be “filled with all the fullness of God?” Can you allow Him room?
- Have you felt the desire to know God more fully? From where does this desire originate? Do you see that He has created you for the sole purpose to grow closer to Him? Do you recognize that nothing else on your calendar or to do list matters in comparison to your ability to be filled with His Spirit? Is it possible that we should set aside our busyness and focus more on Him? That when we do, the fullness of His love in our heart will shine so bright that all ministries we are attempting to perform will be fulfilled? That it is the fullness of God revealed through us that becomes our true ministry to the world?
- Where have you experienced God’s power in your life? Can you point out circumstances or situations that could have only been possible because of God active presence? Has a fresh idea or understanding of God been revealed to you from a Bible verse that you had not seen in previous readings? Did this new insight or epiphany help unlock a problem you had been struggling with? Have you ever had times when everything you read or hear seems to point towards one issue pertinent to your life? Has a friend called just at the right moment? Has a sermon had just the right message? Do you recognize that the more you focus on God in prayer and study, the more these things occur? That as we attain fullness of God in our lives, He becomes involved, leading, guiding and comforting us in every moment and for every circumstance?
- This week’s verses are asking us to look at how our lives can be changed when we give them over to the power of God and allow Him to lead us into the paths of righteousness. Where have you limited God’s power in your life? What issues have you struggled with that you have not given to Him to resolve? Do you rely on the power of God to help you in your life? Have you seen His power at work in you? Do you turn to God and allow Him to provide for you and to meet your needs?
If you have not already done so, click on the hyperlink at the top of this devotional and read today’s verses as they are paraphrased in The Message. Paul’s intercessory prayer for all Christians reaches across thousands of years and is available to you this day. He wants God to fill your life. He wants you to experience all there is to experience of God. Through this prayer open up your heart, reach out and experience God to the fullest. He is there working within you, gently guiding you closer and closer to His glory.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Gary Sims or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.