Ephesians 1:3-14 – Spiritual Blessings
by Gary Sims
Not For Sale
Not For Sale
Ephesians 1:3-14 – Spiritual Blessings
- 3: “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places.” – Our praise and worship of God should pour out of our hearts as we come to realize the many blessings He has enriched and blessed us with.
- 4: “Just as He chose us in Christ before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless before Him in love.” – Paul makes an important distinction, God has chosen us. Our salvation is totally dependant on God. We have not earned nor deserved His grace. But through Christ we are made “holy and blameless.”
- 5: “He destined us for adoption as His children through Jesus Christ.” – Through our “adoption” we are given the fullness of citizenship, all of the rights and privileges that God bestows.
- 7: “In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses.” – Jesus is the perfect and final sacrifice for our sins. We have been forgiven and redeemed.
- 9: “He as made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure that He set forth in Christ.” – Through the love of Jesus Christ the fullness of God’s plan for all humanity is revealed.
- 13: “In Him you also, when you had heard the word of truth…, were marked with the seal of the promised Holy Spirit.” – The presence of the Holy Spirit in us demonstrates the genuineness of our faith, proves that we are His children, and secures eternal life for us.
- What does it feel like to recognize that God blesses you with all the spiritual blessings that heaven has to offer? That He is the source of your life? Do you feel overwhelmed by this gift? Do you feel empowered? Is there anything He won’t do for you? Does your heart burst with praise for Him because of His love that is so evident in your life?
- Are you one of God’s “chosen people?” Do you understand that His plan for you has been in place since before the world began? That He has selected you for a reason? What do you think He has selected you for? What purpose or intent does He have in store for you? Do you recognize that your identity and purpose in life is founded by your relationship with Jesus Christ? That you, His creation, have an important role to play in the big picture; in the eternal?
- Was does your “adoption” through Jesus Christ mean to you? Does it provide you full inheritance to everything heaven has to offer? Does it wipe clean your slate of sins and trespasses? Were you worthy of this adoption? Did you earn your way into God’s family? Do you see Christ as your redeemer? When you think of Jesus on the cross, are you able to personalize His sacrifice? Are you able to let go of your guilt and transgressions, knowing that He died for you and that you now have been made pure and blameless?
- What steps have you taken to unravel the “mystery of His will” for your life? Do you see the truth revealed to you through your relationship with Christ? Do you feel the Holy Spirit guiding and leading along the way? Do you recognize that nothing in life is arbitrary? That God has created you for a purpose? That His love and His Spirit are always there with you, helping you to become the disciple He wants you to be?
- Our lessons this week celebrate God’s creation and the plans He has for our lives. Do you acknowledge that God has created all things, including you? Do you find hope and encouragement in the understanding that He has purpose and intent for your life? Do you earnestly seek God in all aspects of your life, searching for ways to fulfill your destiny as a child of God? Do you base your identity and purpose in your relationship with Jesus Christ? Do you stand up in defense and bear witness to God’s truth in the world?
We have been chosen in Christ to live lives pleasing in God’s sight. His redeeming love has eliminated the sins that had alienated us from God and from each other. Through our adoption in Christ, we have inherited the fullness of heaven and are destined for all the glory that God has to offer. Everything in our lives is about living according to God’s perfect plan; we are living for him, not ourselves.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Gary Sims or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.