Unanswered Prayers? Take This Spiritual Health Check
by James Aidoo-Baidoe
Free to Share
Author requests article critique
Free to Share
Author requests article critique
Unanswered Prayers? Take This Spiritual Health Check.
In our Christian life we are supposed to have a close relationship with our Heavenly Father and enjoy a life of regular answers to our prayers.
When our Lord Jesus was in the world, He lived His life daily in an unhindered communion with His Father so that He could say to His Father, ďI know that you always hear meÖĒ (John 11:42).
We too can have a daily-unhindered communion with God, our Heavenly Father. However many Christians ask without receiving, seek without finding and knock without having the door opened unto them.
Below are some of the main reasons for unanswered prayers:
1. Unforgiving spirit and unforgiveness in the heart of a Christian could hinder the answers to your prayers. Hatred, grudge, bitterness and envy can block answers to your prayers more than anything else. (Matthew 6:12-15).
2. Unconfessed sins: Although we are saved, we must not love sin. If we hold any particular sin in our heart and love it, excuse it and cover it up, then that becomes a hindrance between God and us. God hates sin but thank God that He has remedy for sin. (1 John 1:9). Unconfessed sin will hinder your liberty in prayer. So get along with God and keep sweet fellowship with Him.
3. Indifference towards the Word of God: Day to day regular answers to your prayers depends on delighting in the law of the Lord and meditating on it day and night. Knowing the Bible or reading it is good but not enough. Good success and prosperity including receiving answers to prayers always depend on having the Word of God in your heart and mouth meditating on Godís word and observing to do everything in it. (Joshua 1:8 and John 15:7).
4. Impatience: This can hinder our prayers. Impatience substitutes our plans and purposes for Godís. It means unwillingness to accept Godís time, and thereby questions Godís timetable and His Sovereignty. (Ecclesiastes 3:1). Patience, however is power behind faith. This helps us to hold on until the answer that you have received by faith is manifested in the natural realm.
5. Praying Outside Godís Will: When we pray outside the will of God, we should expect unanswered prayers. God does not hear just any kind of prayer, but only prayers offered in accordance to His will. (John 5:14). So without the knowledge of Godís word and the help of the Holy Spirit in prayer, a lot of wrong request made to God will never be answered.
6. Lack of Faith: Faith plays a critical role when we go to the Lord in Prayer. Without faith it is impossible to please God. (Hebrews 11:6). We should not pray with doubt in our heart. God works in an atmosphere of faith. Faith means having confidence in Godís Word, His mercy and goodness. Behind every major receiving in the Bible was a mighty believing. (Matthew 17:20-22) and (Mark 11:22-24).
7. Interference of the Power of Darkness: The two accounts in Daniel 9:20-21 where Daniel received immediate answer from God and Daniel 10:1-14 where he had a delayed answer to his prayer caused by evil interference from the power of darkness gives insight into understanding this aspect of our prayer life. We need to recognise the opposition that we are up against from the enemy so we donít get tempted to stop praying.
8. Lack of Fasting: The Word of God hints us in Matthew 17:14-21 that some prayers will not be answered except they are accompanied with fasting. Learn to fast for at least one day and you will experience amazing results of answered prayers and supernatural breakthroughs in you life.
9. Lack of Praise and Thanksgiving: Many of us receive and keep receiving things from our Heavenly Father but never praise Him or thank Him for them. King David got much from God because he cultivated the habit of praising and thanking God even for little insignificant answers. (Psalm 95:1-2; Psalm 100:1-4; Psalm 107:20-21).
10. Finally, always remember to be specific in your prayers. Donít lump many things together in prayers. Identify the most pressing need and present it clearly before God.
The Word of God declares in Jeremiah 33:3 that you should call on your Heavenly Father and He will answer you and show you great and mighty things you do not know.
Now go ahead and have a wonderful fellowship with your Heavenly Father in prayer and I can assure you that your prayer life will never be the same.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by James Aidoo-Baidoe or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
Create in me a clean heart oh God, and renew a right spirit within me. Thank you for this inspiring article and a reminder of the hindrances to prayer and our daily walk with Him.