The Avril Lavigne of Christian Music
The Avril Lavigne of Christian Music
By Dan Blankenship
Krystal Meyers is the real deal, and this amazing first CD is a must-own for any true Christian Contemporary music fan. Meyers has such energy in her singing voice that it seems to jump right out of the speakers and into the listener. This CD was released when Meyers was just sixteen, and with the exception of Bethany Dillon I can’t remember anyone who possessed such poise, determination to become a success while keeping her mind focused on things above, and such a mastery of her chosen trade at that age.
If you don’t already own Krystal self-titled CD, and you are reading this review, do yourself a favor and click on that BUY button. No matter how old you are, no matter what genre of music you enjoy, if you are a Christian, you will be inspired by Meyers’ ability to worship with her lyrics and music.
Now, on with a song by song review:
1. THE WAY TO BEGIN: This song starts off with a call-out to God by one of his children who feels so far from Him. It is not only a song about trying to overcome the world that brings out our desperate cry for a life guided from above, it is a song filled with so much musical energy and lyrics that you could almost feel the anguish turning to hope as the song progresses.
2. MY SAVIOR: This is a fast-paced tribute to God’s grace and mercy. If you’ve ever felt consumed by God’s grace, and you wanted to just tell Him about it, you’ll enjoy singing along with this great song.
3. FIRE: A slow-to-fast paced song that accurately examines how God’s strength can be transferred to His children. When we are on fire for Jesus, we are renewed, energized, and ready to deliver His message through how we live our lives. I really love this song.
4. FALL TO PIECES: The world delivers a foundation that crumbles every time. This song reminds people that there is a stronger foundation out there, one that never crumbles, never falls to pieces. We’re now 4 songs into the CD and Meyers has not faltered in her debut work. I couldn’t even complete my algebra assignments on time at sixteen!
5. REFLECTIONS OF YOU: Slowing it down a bit, this song is about our futile attempts to walk as God has commanded us. Even when we fail to do that, this song is about our sincere hope that we at least sometimes get it right. Five great songs in a row have me wondering if angels aren’t writing these songs along with Krystal. Can she make it 6 in row?
6. LOVELY TRACES: A bit of a falter on this one. I just didn’t feel the usual power and energy that the first 5 tracks brought, but even the weakest song on such a great CD is still better than a lot of what’s out there in the music industry today.
7. ANTICONFORMITY: Imagine a sixteen year making up a whole new world! How appalling and arrogant! Just kidding. This is such a fun, fast-paced song that you almost have to smile and nod your head like a Muppet on steroids. This is a mosh pit song if there ever was one. This is a work dedicated to calling all people to think about who, and what, guides their decisions as they live each day. Anticonformity warriors are on the loose! And their leader is Krystal Meyers!
8. RESCUE: This song is a little slow for me, with not a whole lot of pick-me-up jumps in the music. But this song lets the listener really hear Meyers’ amazing voice. The drums on this song are really cool, too. The more I listen to this song the more it grows on me. That’s kind of what the song is about; the more we trust God to rescue us, the less we will need rescuing.
9. SING FOR ME: Another slow song that gives us a better listen to Meyers’ voice. This song has a few surprises that pick-it-up a notch here and there. Nine songs into this CD and I still think it is an awesome debut. Krystal Meyers has a way of bringing a punk-attitude to Christian praise and worship like no one I’ve heard so far. Her music and lyrics are smooth and rocky at the same time. That really doesn’t even make sense now does it, yet she manages to pull it off.
10. CAN’T STAY: Well Meyers managed to – with the help of a host of others, of course – create a CD that delivers good, cost-worthy material that makes my drive to and from work a bit more enjoyable. However, on Can’t Stay I will admit I sometimes find myself pushing on the gas pedal a little harder. We can’t stay where we are away from God. This song is about rushing back to God. And it is now time for you (if you already haven’t) to rush out and purchase this anointed CD. I in no way, shape, or form benefit from Krystal Meyers’ success as a musician, so this review is without bias.
So that’s my review of Krystal Meyers’ debut CD. I hope you found it to be a reliable review. I look forward to reviewing her second CD. I also look forward to hearing her music when we are both residing in Heaven. When I imagine a Heaven sponsored concert with Meyers singing ANTICONFORMITY I can’t help but smile. I bet Jesus smiles too!
See ya next review…
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Dan Blankenship or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.