Marriage is like a tricycle. One of the back wheels is the mental (emotional) area in marriage, another back wheel is for the physical (sexual), and the front wheel, which is the leader, is for the spiritual aspects of the marriage. If one of these facets of marriage is missing, what is going to happen? The marriage is going to be unbalanced and topple over.
Did you know that your feelings could affect your sexual appetite? For instance, if youíre feeling bitter, resentful, or guilty towards your spouse, you wonít feel like having sex with them. Should we deprive our spouse of sex because of how we are feeling? I donít think so.
It is not right to deny our spouse the sexual fulfillment that marriage so much needs just because weíre mad at them or weíre having a bad day. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Feelings of bitterness are caused by an unforgiving attitude. Please go back and read my articles on how to forgive properly. Jesus said we are to forgive seventy times sevenÖforgiving properly means that we donít harbor the pain anymore, and that means we donít bring up the issue with our spouse again! Period!
Ladies, we are in control when it comes to the sexual aspects of the marriage. Learn to use that to your advantage. After sex is the best time to discuss any other issues that are bothering you. Be nice, and express yourself lovingly and appropriately. Donít nag and complain.
Many couples donít discuss their sexual preferences with each other. But this is not the time to be shy either. Itís very vital to the sexual health of the marriage that couples express their pleasures in the bedroom arena. Both need to know and be acquainted with the zones and parts of the body, which are capable of producing pleasurable sensations.
Below are a few guidelines to take note of for a great sensual and passionate marriage, even after ten, and twenty years of marriage!
1. Allow spouse the freedom to be who they are. Be understanding and considerate of their feelings at all times, not just in the bedroom.
2. Communicate any sexual issues and problems that have developed in the marriage. Let go of your sexual inhibitions and express your pleasures in the lovemaking arena. Ladies, men like to give pleasure to their wives, so now is your chance to speak up and tell him what you like.
3. Thank God everyday that you are married to a person who is willing to discuss and express these issues with you.
4. Always be loving and available. Sometimes we women just arenít in the mood. But it doesnít matter; give yourself to your husband anyway, unless you are sick or going through menstruation.
5. Create an appealing bedroom that you both like. Redecorate it with tasteful decor that you both have picked out.
6. Make yourself attractive and pleasing to each other. Buy a new skimpy nightgown, and men buy some bikini briefs. If you already wear that kind of under clothing, buy some silky cartoon boxers - something different that you wouldnít normally wear.
7. Be romantic and loving. Light some aromatic candles for a sensual and romantic atmosphere.
This is for the ladies reading this. Men NEED to have sex. Some men like it everyday, others every other day, while others maybe two times a week. Be ready when your husband wants to have sex. Donít reject your husband for just any reason; make him feel loved and good about himself. Men love this kind of sensual pampering.
When we reject our husband, that is when they begin THINKING about looking elsewhere to find fulfillment, and we donít want that, do we ladies? So often we take our husband for granted in this area, and donít realize the importance of sexual fulfillment for the man in our life. Donít give him any reasons to look elsewhere, take care of him!
This is for the men reading this. The most important thing you can do for your wife is to not rush into the sex act in 30 seconds. Come on now, be more considerate. You know it takes your wife a bit longer than you. Tell her how much you love her, and rub her all over; wherever she likes it. Be more patient in the bedroom, your time will come soon enough.
Bottom line, do not deprive or reject each other! A happy sexual relationship involves right attitudes. It is Godís will that married couples enjoy sexual relations with each other. Find out what wheel is missing in your marriage and fix it.
ďThe wifeís body does not belong to her alone, but also to her husband. In the same way, the husbandís body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife. Do not deprive each other except by MUTUAL consent and for A TIME, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so Satan will not TEMPT you because of your lack of self-control.
1 Corinthians 7:4-6
Angie Lewis offers spiritual enlightenment tips for couples in marriage, and is the author of new release book JOURNEY ON THE ROADS LESS TRAVELED.
This unique book is about love, life, marriage, addiction, temptation, and understanding the power of spiritual awareness for your marriage.
In her book, Angie reveals her own journey of overcoming addiction and battling with her negative emotions that she allowed to embrace her life and marriage.
To find out more about this new book click here, http://www.spiritual.journeybooks.4t.com/
ISBN 1413788904 Avaliable Amazon online!
Read more articles by Angie Lewis or search for articles on the same topic or others.
Drats! My ink cartridge ran out while printing this! Angie, I could not agree with you more. I have been married for eighteen years, and everything you said is right on the money.
May God continue to bless your perspective.