8 Biblical Facts About Marriage
by Angie Lewis
Not For Sale
Author requests article critique
Not For Sale
Author requests article critique
1. Marriage is God's design. Genesis 2 18-24
God's created work was not complete until he made the beautiful woman. He could have made her out of the dust of the ground as he made man, but he chose to make her from the man's flesh and bones. Now why do you think that is?
A couples purpose and goals should be one and the same as the two work together to live out their purpose and, attain their dreams and aspirations.
All throughout the bible God treats this special relationship of marriage seriously. The goal and purpose for marriage is more than friendship; it is oneness. Meaning the two become one in flesh.
2. Commitment was made to love and honor one another! Genesis 24:58-60
Marriage was not just for convenience sake, nor was it brought about by any culture. It was instituted by God and has three basic aspects.
(1) the man leaves his parents and, in a public act, promises himself to his wife,(2) the man and woman are joined together by taking responsibility for each others welfare, and by loving their spouse above all others,(3) the two become one flesh in the intimacy and commitment of the sexual union that is reserved ONLY for marriage.
Healthy marriages include all three of the aspects mentioned above.
3. Marriage was intended to be permanent! Matthew 19:6
"So they are no longer two, but one.
Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."
4. Jesus focused on marriage rather than divorce. He pointed out that God intended marriage to be permanent and gave four reasons for the importance of marriage.
(1)God made them male and female,(2)leave his father and mother and be united to his wife;(3)the two will become one flesh,(4) what is joined together let man not separate.
5. God designed marriage to be indissoluble. Instead of looking for reasons to break it off, we should be trying to find reasons to stay married!
6. Only death should dissolve marriage! Romans 7:2,3
"For example, by law a woman is bound to her husband as long as he is alive, but if her husband dies, she is released from the law of marriage. So then if she married another man while her husband is still alive, she is called an adulteress."
7.Marriage is good and honorable Hebrews 13:4
"Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral."
8. Romance in marriage keeps us from being tempted. It is important to look for ways to bring romance into your marriage.
Song of Songs 4:9,10
Romance keeps marriage exciting. Commitment keeps romance from diminishing away.
The most important decision a person ever makes is at the altar when they commit themselves to their spouse for the rest of their lives.
Angie Lewis offers spiritual enlightenment tips for couples in marriage, and is the author of new release book JOURNEY ON THE ROADS LESS TRAVELED.
In her book, Angie reveals her own journey of overcoming addiction and how her negative emotions took over her life.
To find out more about this new book click here, http://www.spiritual.journeybooks.4t.com/
Available Amazon online!
Angie Lewis counsels couples and writes a monthly newsletter. She reveals her secrets on how YOU can stay happily married for life!
Subscribe to get your FREE monthly newsletter so you can stay happily and forever married! http://www.heavenministries.com/
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Angie Lewis or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
Amen, hon! Good article and good to see you going straight to the source and setting it out in easy to read paragraphs. There are benefits to marriage and singleness, but you mapped it out for the already married. It'll be of great help to those people out there that don't do enough daily bible reading! (or relevant reading anyhow) :)
Excellent written article about God's design for marriage. I feel truly Blessed to be an adopted child of the Most High God and to have a Beautiful Christian Marriage. In Christ,Dee "Numbers 6:24,25,26,"