This article is not to debate or even discuss how some of us as Christians view this horrible incident as a possible punishment by God because of New Orleans’s reputation of being a lewd party state. This article is about our roles as Christians.
1) If you are a Christian and if you have not either through your church or on your own contributed to the relief effort in any shape, form or fashion especially if you are financially able to, examine your heart.
2) If you live in a so-called Christian home and have not added the families from this disaster into your prayer, examine your hearts.
3) If you cheer the fact that “The party is over in New Orleans”, without taking the time to pray for God’s will to be done in this situation, examine your heart.
4) If you have not at any time tried to share your faith to those around you who do not know Christ when this subject of Hurricane Katrina is discussed in your ranks, examine your heart.
5) If you have viewed this catastrophe on television as just another form of entertainment and have not cried out in anguish in your heart for these families whether they are believers or unbelievers, examine your heart.
As we all know, God is doing something here, my charge is this:
Don’t waste time debating what God is doing and what he is not doing, instead, we have to make certain that our walk is right with God, so that we could be used as a vessel for his purpose. Amen