1. There is a Biblical principle that God's judgment does not descend until protection is provided for the righteous.
A. Noah had to be in the ark, with the door closed before the rains began. (Gen. 7:1- 17).
B. Lot had to be safely out of the city before the destruction began (Gen. 19:17-22 especially verse 22; Luke 17:29).
C. The Great Tribulation is God's wrath (angry judgment) descending on the earth. (Rev. 6:15-17; Rom. 2:5-8)
D. True believers are to be saved from the wrath of God (Rom. 5:8-11)
(Especially see verse 9: "We shall be saved from wrath" through Christ Jesus).
E. 1. Since: Believers "have turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God; and to wait for his Son from, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come (1st Thess. 1: 9-10) and:
2. Since: The Great Tribulation is God's wrath (angry judgment) descending upon the earth:
Therefore: Those whom Jesus has delivered from the "wrath to come" - which specifically is, The Great Tribulation, shall not go through The Great Tribulation.
II. Some remarks regarding the Second Advent (Coming) of Christ.
1. The Second Coming of Christ will occur during a business-as-usual time for the world (Luke 17:26-28; 34-36).
2.The Second Coming of Christ will not be secret, but shall be visibly open (Luke 17:20-24).
3. Christ will be revealed at His Second Coming (Luke 17:30). Since this is so, the Second Coming cannot not be a secret coming, as some claim it is.
SPECIAL NOTE: As lightning is openly visible for all to see, so shall Christ's Second Coming be. The world will know that He came. (Luke 17:24).
1. The Second Coming of Christ catches mankind so unexpected, that there will be no time for those not already prepared to prepare themselves for it. (Luke 17:31).
SPECIAL NOTE: The houses in Christ's day had flat roofs that were used much as we use porches. So instantaneous will Christ's Second Coming be, that there will be no time to go from the rooftop to the inside of the house. It would be similar to our saying, the Second Coming is so instantaneous that there will be no time to run the short distance from upstairs to downstairs. There also will not be time for those working in the fields to return their homes (Luke 17:31). The whole intent of these examples is to show that -- at the Second Coming of Christ -- if someone is not prepared, there will be no more time to prepare. The time for preparation (that which we call the "Age of Grace") has ended.