from the Steven P. Wickstrom University of Hard Knocks
(not yet accredited)
- The ability to laugh at yourself is the foundation for a sense of humor.
- Anything which has not been attempted, is impossible.
- Grace: We get what we don't deserve.
Mercy: We don't get what we do deserve.
- The beauty of Innocence, is its vulnerability.
- Sometimes, when you don't know what to do next, it is best to do nothing. Wait until you know what to do, before you act.
- Always leave the toilet seat down.
- Knowledge is the accumulation of facts and information; Wisdom is the ability to correctly use or apply the facts and information.
- The price of sight is risk and faith. People choose to be blind because they think blindness has no cost.
- Before you judge someone for something, first be absolutely certain that you yourself are perfect.
- The fruit of the Spirit is the fruit of God's Spirit, not the human spirit; therefore, the more of God you have in you, the more fruit you will have in your life.
- In nature, objects follow the path of least resistance. In order for a Christian to grow, he or she must follow the path of most resistance.
- Steve's definition of Sovereignty: God is God, and you are not.
- Everything God does in our lives, he does to make us dependent upon Him.
- The best thing to do when you make a mistake, is to learn from it and move on.
- What we go through in our past, and how we react to it, shapes us into whom we are today.
- I once heard it said that, "Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care."
- It is often said that you can't take anything with you when you die. But I believe we can take whatever our heartís can carry.
- To prevent sunburn, you must reduce your exposure to the sun. To prevent apostasy, you must increase your exposure to Godís Son.
- God is not looking for people who are qualified for the job, Heís looking for people who are available.
- Perhaps if we spent more time on our knees, we wouldnít fall down as much.
- If something needs to give - perhaps it should be me.
- There is always someone who will blame you for their incompetence, but Godís grace takes responsibility.
- I once heard a wise man say: ďyou can count the seeds in an apple, but you canít count the apples in a seed.Ē
- If you were to ask me where to find God, I would tell you to look just beyond the shadow of a doubt.
- God puts inconsiderate people in the world so that we wonít take consideration for granted.
- The problem I have with making mental notes is that I always forget to read them.
- Youíre either part of the problem or part of the solution. Most people choose to be part of the problem because it takes less effort than being part of the solution.
- When you obey God, He is responsible for the consequences.
- What we disagree about is sometimes not as important as how we disagree.
- The definition of responsibility: I donít have a problem, I am the problem.
- If you're going to be a bumper sticker Christian, be sure you drive like one.
- God tests to bring out our best. Satan tempts to bring out our worst.
- Your actions are speaking so loudly that I cannot hear what you are saying.
- You must be heavenly minded to be of any earthly good.
- Grief is God's love expressed through tears.
- If we are not transparent, God's love cannot shine through.
This is a work in progress . . . it will be periodically updated . . .
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Steven Wickstrom or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
Not always original, but always true, I loved # 3 and you made me laugh