Psalms 127:3. Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
Heritage-- Transliterated: yrushah
Text: from 3423; something occupied; a conquest; also a patrimony: -
heritage, inheritance, possession.
1. Our children are God's reward, they belong to Him. 2. They are His inheritance
3. Because they are His Inheritance we have the right to claim His promises. 4. We have the right to stand on God's Word for them. 5. We also have an obligation to raise them according to God's Word. 6. We have the obligation to exercise our authority as high priest and priestess over our household.
The spirit of a child is created by God, born with the life of God in them. Their spirit is alive unto God up until the age of sin awareness, or an age of accountability, born without sin consciousness. Godís word tells us that God is the father of spirits,
Hebrews 12:9 Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live?
We know from God's Word that there is no death in God, only life. The human spirit is born with God's life in it. Every thing that comes from God is life. So what happened?
Romans 7:8 But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead.
9. I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died.
10. And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death.
11. For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it killed me.
Spiritual life, The very life of God imparted to us when we make a decision
to accept Jesus. The 2nd birth. Jesus said you must be born again.
Acts:2:39: For the promise is unto you, and to your children,
and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
This is talking about the promise of the Holy Spirit
We are Gods eternal inheritance. We are the pearl of great price.
God has redeemed the world through Jesus Christ. They just donít know it yet. We have to speak the Word of life. This includes to our children.
Jn:3:16: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17: For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world;
but that the world through him might be saved.
Proverbs 22:6. Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old,
he will not depart from it. old- mature, he will not depart
1. This is stated as a commandment
2. We have to walk in obedience to claim the promise
Ephesians 6: 1. Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
2. Honor thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;)
3. That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.
4. And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath:
but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
The context of this scripture is talking about walking in authority. We have authority in our household. We must walk under God's authority in order to effectively exercise authority over our own houses. We must walk in love, and communicate the Love of God to our children.
1. Hear, ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding.
2. For I give you good doctrine, forsake ye not my law.
We must apply the Word of God to our household. We must speak life over our families.
There is Life and death in our words
Prov:18:21: Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
Deut:30:19: I call heaven and earth to record this day against you,
that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life,
that both thou and thy seed may live:
We can choose life for our families, We have authority in our household!!! We must speak life and not death over our families. We can't make decisions for them, but we can take authority over the forces of darkness and speak life!!!
My wife and I have had to do this in our own family and I know that God's Word is true.
Don't speak negative or think negative thoughts
We had to speak life and stand on God's promises. We did not back down!
We had to believe for peace for ourselves and walk in it. ---- this is so very important, it canít be emphasized enough.
My wife used these Scriptures:
Psalms 18: 1. I will love thee, O Lord, my strength.
2. The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
Psalms 20:1. The Lord hear thee in the day of trouble;
the name of the God of Jacob defend thee;
4. Grant thee according to thine own heart, and fulfil all thy counsel.
14. Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart:
wait, I say, on the Lord.
These are good Scriptures to stand on and there are many others also. I would like to encourage you to search the Scriptures and stand on the ones that are best suited for your own situation.
Isaiah 61:9. And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the Lord hath blessed.
Prov: 20: 7 The just man walketh in his integrity: his children are blessed after him.
We can claim this in the name of Jesus. Believe God and confess the word of life,
Children are a blessing from God. We need to act like they are a blessing and not a cursre!!!! Blessings are eternal! But blessings are also qualified!
Deuteronomy 28:1. And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the Lord thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:
2. And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God.
3. Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field.
4. Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.
Don't get despondent. Don't let despair in. Trust in the Lord with all your heart
It is never too late to make good decisions. It is never too late to stand on the word of God It is never too late to speak the Word of Life over your family.
God's Word is true. It endures forever.
Prov:3:5: Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6: In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR,
LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by mark baker or search for other articles by topic below.
Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through
Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
TRUST JESUS TODAY
Free Audio Bible
500 Plus Languages
Faith Comes By Hearing.com