God Is Omniscient
by Timothy Whitt
Free to Share
Author requests article critique
Free to Share
Author requests article critique
Having universal knowledge; knowing all things; infinitely knowing or wise; as, the omniscient God.
God is Omniscient – How Much Does God Know?
He knows everything:
Psalm 139:1-4 Knows all about us
Isaiah 46:9,10 Was at the beginning and knows the end
Matthew 11:21 Knows all outcomes
1 John 3:20 Knows all things
Psalm 44:21 Knows the secrets of the heart
And the list could go on and on. Gods knows it all, but what does that mean for us?
God is Omniscient – What That Means For Us
This means that God knows everything. So there is no way we can hide anything from Him. . God knows you heart, He knows your thoughts, God knows all those things that you try to do in secret away from others. What you are hiding away from your wife or husband, your family your friends, God sees it. The Bible says that God knows what we are going to do and to think even before we know ourselves.
Think about that one for a moment or two. Before you come up with all your plans or ideas God has already seen the outcome good or bad. I don’t know about you but this makes me want to be a little more careful about what I am thinking and how those thoughts influence my plans. Jesus said that it is not what goes into a man that makes him unclean, it is what inside the man that makes him unclean. God knows us better more than we want to admit because it would mean that we would have to clean up our act.
Even Christians are not immune to thinking things that we shouldn’t or do things that we are not supposed to. Being a Christian does not mean that we are immune to sin, it just means we must be more careful because we realize in our minds and our hearts that God has known us before we came into this world, He knows us now that we are living in this world and he will know us when we cross over at the end of life in this world. Still not so sure about how much Gods knows about you well here is a list of six things that God knows about us that might just make you think a little bit.
1. He knows the number of hairs on your head. Matthew 10:30.
Do you know the number of hairs on your head? God does because he knows everything.
2. He knew the exact time and date of your birth and he knows the exact time and date and even how you are going to die. Psalm 139:16
People put a lot of faith in fortunetellers or psychic because they want to know how much longer they have to live. Fortunetellers or psychics do not know how long you have to live, only God knew when you were going to be born and only He knows when you’re going to die.
3. He knows if you are going to get married and to whom you are going to marry long before you even meet the person. Psalm 139:1-4
God knows your wedding plans long before you even meet the person you are going to meet, date, get engaged to, plan a wedding with and eventually get married to.
4. He knows if you are going to continue to walk with Him. John 13
This is a scary one to me; because in my heart I do not want to believe anyone who truly knows the Lord would walk away from Him, but He knows those that will even before their hearts harden to His love.
5. He knows each and every step you take each and every day, each and every word you are going to say each and every day and each and every thought you are going to think each and every day. Hebrews 4:13
Walk, talk and think God knows. It is as simple as that.
6. He knows what we are capable of. Psalm 44:21
God knows what you are capable of doing good and bad, he knows your potential, he knows your dreams, your ambitions and He knows your outcomes. Picture yourself twenty years from know, thirty years from now. What will you be doing? Maybe watching your kids graduate, maybe enjoying, maybe you will be in Heaven God knows what you will be doing and what you are capable of doing for Him.
God knows not only about us but all of history. He created the world and He knows when the world will end.
7. He knows your family tree.
Since God knows everything about history He knows all who have come before and all who will come after us. He knows your family tree. How well do you know your great, great, great grandparents? Not to well I would image. You may have photographs of them or have heard stories about them but chances are have never met them. You do not how they laughed, what they cried over. The joy they felt when their first child was born, but God does.
God knew your past relatives just as well as He knows all about you. Just as well as He knew Adam and Eve, Abraham Lincoln and the billions of other people who have lived, are living now or who are yet to be born. That is an awesome think about. Can you remember all the people you have know in your lifetime? How well do you remember them? Do they remember you?
8. He knows when the world is going to end. Revelation 11:18
God knows the date and time down to the second when this world we now live on is going to end. He knows when our time is up, but we don’t. It could be tomorrow, next week, next year or not in our lifetime. The important thing is to be ready that is to know Jesus Christ as our Savior and live our live according to God’s word.
If God Were Not Omniscient What Would It Mean For Us?
1. He could not run the universe and it would be in chaos. Think about how much knowledge and understanding it takes to run a business let alone run a universe. The planets must be aligned right, the earth must have the right balance of axis, rotation, oxygen etc. or we would not be able to exist.
2. He could not have written the Bible. Without knowing what was to come how could He have predicted the coming Messiah, the rise and fall of nations and any of the other prophecies?
3. He could not claim to know us as well as he does because all of what He knows about us would have to come from observation not because He is all knowing.
4. He could not claim to be the only God because He would have no way of knowing of there was another God out there.
5. He could not offer us hope. Without the knowledge of what is to come He could not ever offer us hope of a better life or even eternal life.
Since as we have seen God knows everything we do and because He also knows what we are thinking, He also knows the reasons or motives we have for doing them. So in our lives we should commit ourselves to doing everything with the realization we are doing it for God. We must yield ourselves to Him daily, and do what He wants us to do and be what He wants us to be
1. Why is it significant that God knows everything?
2. Since we cannot hide anything from God because He knows everything, why do we act as if we can?
3. How do you feel knowing right now as you read this that God knows what you are thinking?
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Timothy Whitt or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.