What are my reasons for wanting to share the good news about Jesus with others?
1. The Desire to do it.
God must want me to do it or why else would He put this desire in my heart.
The desire is always there. Its nothing I would have come up with- making myself a fool in the sight of others
2. The Call
It is Godís call to us and our responsibility.
3. The need.
I see the need all around me.
People in bondage to alcohol, drugs, etc
Religion- a false since of salvation
A sick society
Seeing people missing out on knowing God
4. The reality
People will go to Hell without Christ Ė
They will not go to heaven Ė
5. The Truth
Only one way Ė
Why would God make several ways?
The Bible declares it.
No other Name
6. The Joy
It is the most satisfying thing on earth besides knowing Jesus myself
Is to see God transform someone
Being used of Him is also awesome- to have God work through you is very satisfying and humbling.
It convinces you more of your faith, because you know itís nothing you could have done
7. I asked Jesus into my heart- now he wants to get out. Christ in you wants to reach the lost. He came to seek and save the lost- thatís still his mission but He wants to do it through you. I donít understand His wisdom in that but itís the way He has chosen. The reason He came was to save the lost, do you think now that heís in you His plan has changed- He doesnít like you so much that He just wants to relax in you. Greater work will you do He said. Are you a disciple of His if you are you will do what he did? Not die on a cross, He did the hard work we just need to accept what he did and start letting Him live in us
8. But wait there is one more on Godís side- I am a competitive person, I like to win and I like to have fun winning Ė face it winning is fun- I like to cross the finish line first. Like to come from behind and win, with God we are on the winning team He is victorious- we win, weíre not on the bad team, the cheating team. Though it doesn't always look like we are going to win- God always brings the victory- We get discouraged and beat down, discouraged in ourselves, our results- but itís God who will bring the victory in the end. We are running the race of faith, faith is no ordinary thing, looks insignificant, like mustard seed, but can move a mountain.
Lets face it we're winners in His Victory, we are running on the right course, the lost are running the wrong way, weíve got to get them to turn around
My reasons for not doing itÖ
1. Fear- of what others think of me.
Fear of not knowing what to say
Fear of doing more harm than good
2. Satan- itís the last thing he wants and will do anything to stop us.
He will accuse us of everything under the son,
3. Self- listens to devilís lies instead of Godís truth
Is plain selfish- doesnít make time for what God wants only what self-wants.
Too busy trying to serve self and no time for others. We go to great lengths to justify our selfishness
4. No eternal perspective.
Not thinking what will matter in eternity
5. No one to do it with- its very hard to find people that will go out witnessing with you.
There are so many excuses.
6. People donít want us to. Christians and non Christians alike Ė Christians donít feel they are called to it, Non Christians
Are afraid of it-afraid of the light. I t is foolishness to most people
7. I am not ready, I am not prepared- I have not been faithful to the Lord Ė I have not been in the Word.
No we donít have to be Bible scholars but we have to be available willing vessels actively seeking Godís will and heart on how to reach the lost.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR,
LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Kevin Eaton or search for other articles by topic below.
Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through
Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
TRUST JESUS TODAY
Free Audio Bible
500 Plus Languages
Faith Comes By Hearing.com