As I prepared to enter the Saint Charles Borromeo Elementary School gym in Oklahoma City to referee a basketball game, I saw school children stream from the school into a cold December rain. One of the students, a short stature girl ran by with a stack of books and folders. Suddenly her books and folders slipped out of her hands falling to the ground. Then almost as quickly a boy stopped, bent down and quickly picked up the wet books and folders returning them to the girl.
I was shocked. Seldom had I witnessed such chivalry in my elementary or high school days. The girl rendered a brief smile then moved on. Then something most unusual occurred. The boy reached into his left pocket and took out a shiny copper looking object like a large silver dollar. He briefly held it up then he put it in his right pocket.
Curious I followed the young man to the gym to give him an “atta boy” type of praise for his act of chivalry and to ask him just what it was he switched from one pocket to the other. “Sure,” he responded. Then he took the coin out of his pocket. On this coin was engraved the statement: “Secretly transfer me to your right pocket each day after your good turn has been done.” When I flipped the coin over, it was a Boy Scout insignia. Below the insignia was the statement “On my honor I will do my best.” Having been a Boy Scout and a Scoutmaster for so many years, I, at once understood. It was a good turn coin. What a wonderful concept and idea to imbue our young boys with!
At the conclusion of the games and on my drive back to Shawnee, I went out the next day and bought a good turn coin for myself to remind me to show the spirit of God to everyone I meet who needs my assistance. For all who read these letters/words, the spirit of the good turn coin should be in every Christian’s pocket and heart!
NOTE: As many people may or may not know, the Boy Scouts of America are under attack by radical activist homosexual groups and the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) for its stands against allowing and including expressed and practicing homosexual females and males from holding leadership positions in its organizational structures. It is also under attack because Boy Scouting has stated in its creed and definition of Scouting its belief in a greater power than humankind. For Christian Scouts, that greater power is God.
As a practicing Christian, I am incensed and outraged these brazened and bold attempts by these Godless people and their supporters have set as their mission and intent to destroy the Boy Scout movement and organization because they refuse to submit to wrong and evil behavior.
I urge all children, women and men to do the following:
1. Pray the Boy Scouts will never give into allowing homosexuals to lead impressionable young men to the belief that homosexuality is appropriate, Godly behavior.
2. Pray the Boy Scouts will never remove the importance of God and its verbal reference to God in its creed and as a basic principle of its organization.
3. Pray that ALL Godly children, women and men never give into the evils of homosexual behavior. Nor resort to violence, act of hatred, maltreatment, and debasement of evildoers and proponents of evil and wrongdoing as they are lost and need unconditional love and prayer for what they do. For negative and adverse acts are un-Christian and a sign of weakness not strength.
4. Pray that strong and passionate Godly men and women will arise and come forward to defend that which is true, moral, good and right not in human eyes but in the eyes of God.
5. Contact Federal and State elected Representatives and Senators to remove Federal funding from the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU). As this organization has been on the forefront in bring forth legislation and supporting individuals and organizations who would restrict or criminalize those who would freely and publicly express their belief in the supremacy of God in the public forum.