Ecological Factors of the End Times
SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE
HIRE THIS WRITER
In Matthew 24:37 (NIV) it states: "As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be at the coming of the Son of Man." Most biblical scholars take this to mean that the world's spiritual status will be like that of Noah's contemporaries. This is most assuredly true, as illustrated by the verses which follow it. However, many times through the Old Testament, prophesy was fulfilled in multiple ways, both literal and figurative.
What if, instead of referring to only the world’s spiritual state, the bible was referring to its political, religious or even ecological state? What could those clues give us, as Christians, about what is to come? In my studies, I have isolated five factors which were significant in Noah’s day. I will follow each with a possible scenario in which they might be fulfilled.
1. Once, the earth sustained a rainforest-like atmosphere. Rather than rain, the plants were watered by a mist (1) and there was a firmament of water around the planet (2). Global warming is a process that could restore a rainforest-like ecology to the earth. Perhaps the greenhouse effect is nothing more than the earth slowly repairing itself from the flood. It is noteworthy to point out that the most abundant greenhouse gas is water vapor, which comprises sixty to seventy percent of all greenhouse gases (3).
2. In Noah’s day there were species which modern man has never laid eyes on. These have gone extinct from a number of causes including but not limited to over hunting, climatic change, food depletion, disease, etc. Before the end, I believe that there may be a return of some, if not all of these creatures. Within the last decade, cloning technology has advanced tremendously. Some credible scientists believe that within the next decade, the first ice age mammals will be cloned. So close to fruition is this project that a Pleistocene Park is already being constructed to house such creatures (4). In addition, several species thought to be extinct have already been rediscovered (i.e. the woolly musk ox, Nepalese elephant and the quagga.) Reports have never ceased on the Tasmanian wolf, Moa or North American kangaroo (5).
3. The ratio of virtuous persons (Noah’s family) to non-virtuous persons (everyone outside the ark) was estimated to be several million to one. While this prediction has yet to be fulfilled in its entirety, it is getting easier to see its coming. At the time of the rapture, there may be less than half a million true believers worldwide.
4. It is quite possible that in Noah’s day, the world ran on a 360-day per year calendar, as evidenced by mathematical equations based off of Isaiah 38 and the apocryphal Book of Enoch. The change to 365 days came about long after the flood in II Kings, Chapter 20. While this prediction has not been fulfilled, Daniel 7:25 states that the Antichrist will reign for three and one half years, while Revelation says that his reign will only last for 1,240 days. Only if we are on a 360-day per year calendar can three and one half years equal 1,240 days.
5. The most terrifying of the events would be the return of the Nephilim (6). These beings are the offspring of human-demon relations. Certainly terrible would this event be, but every day, its probability grows. How would mankind become a willing victim to such an act? Two theories have been proposed this far; one by myself and the other by Christian author L.A. Marzulli (7). In my theory, civilization’s collective conscience becomes hardened against reason. Recently, one of America’s largest comic book publishers ran several titles of comics, all for teenagers, with ads for a Vampire-Human erotica television program. The advertisement was extremely explicit, revealing (albeit shadedly) the naked breasts of the female vampires. Keep in mind that these particular titles are geared for twelve to sixteen year olds. The second theory, presented by Marzulli, is that the hybridization has already begun. It is shrugged off by the majority of Americans as it is evidenced only by laughable UFO abductions. I say laughable, but if true, these abductions are the single-most horrifying event mankind has ever known.
1. Genesis 2:6
2. Genesis 1:6-9
3. Mastrandrea, Michael and Schneider, Stephen H, “Greenhouse Effect” (Microsoft® Encarta® Encyclopedia 2002. © 1993-2001)
4. Stone, Richard, “Mammoth: The Resurrection of an Ice Age Giant” pgs. 173-190, (Perseus Publishing 2001)
5. “A Leap of the Imagination: Mysterious Marsupials of North America,” Reader’s Digest’s Facts and Fallacies (1988)
6. Genesis 6:4
7. Marzulli, L.A. “Nephilim” (Zondervan 1999) and “Unholy Deception” Zondervan 2002)
Jeremy McNabb (email@example.com) is an amateur essayist and novelist. This is only one of several articles published on FaithWriters.com. He is currently at work on his novel "Cold;" a techno-thriller.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Jeremy McNabb or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
Jeremy, you pose some very plausible scenarios here. I can see possibilities in all you stated. Very interesting.