“Deliverance: Freeing Yourself from the Spirit of Jezebel”
The only path of recovery from the Jezebel spirit is deliverance.
There are seven steps to deliverance :
1. Honesty - One must be honest with himself and with God if he expects to receive God’s blessing of deliverance. Lack of honesty keeps areas of one’s life in darkness. Demon spirits thrive on darkness. Any sin not confessed or repented gives the demon legal right to remain. Honesty brings them into light. Psalm 32:5
2. Humility - Humbling yourself before God, shows that you are totally depending on Him for your deliverance. James 4:6,7.
3. Repentance - One must hate all evil in his life and fall out of agreement with it. Turning away from sin and Satan, turning away from all that hinders spiritual growth. Repentance is greatly feared by one with a Jezebel spirit.
4. Renunciation - Forsaking all evil, this is a demonstration that one has truly repented. Staying away from any and every thing that may have caused you to fall into sin.
5. Forgiveness - God forgives all who confess their sins and asks for forgiveness. Unforgiveness is the biggest hinderance to deliverance. Willingness to forgive is essential to deliverance. Matthew 18:21-35
6. Prayer - Ask God to deliver you and set you free in the name of Jesus. Joel 2:32 The Jezebel spirit hates prayer.
7. Warfare - Prayer is to God but warfare is toward the enemy. Use your weapons which is the Word of God to fight the Devil. Ephesians 6:10-20
Motivationally gifted individuals are affected most as well as these other vulnerable personalities:
• Prophetic Ministers
• Rulers or Facilitators
• A person who has been wounded or rejected by a person in authority especially by a parent.
Being teachable and submissive to true spiritual authority will bring spiritual stability back into your life and allow you to fulfill your God given destiny in Christ. But for those who choose not to turn from the spiritual operations of Jezebel, -- "Great will be her tribulation" (Rev 2:22). This spirit is a form of witchcraft, all idolaters, soothsayers, occults, and anyone practicing witchcraft will be tormented eternally. Hell is divided into sections and levels, each section has varying degrees of torment according to the sinful life that a person was in when dying.
Those under this spell think it is overlooked by God. We need to pray for these ones that the Jezebel spirit has overcome so that they will see the truth. There are families involved that need to be restored, there are millions right around you just waiting to hear the truth so that they may be delivered. Hell is real, just as real as Heaven, and we need to preach the realities of it. We are held accountable by God to minister to these lost souls before it is too late.
Ways to determine if this spirit is at work in your life:
1. Do you think that the spirit of Jezebel is at work in your life? What characteristics do you display?
2. How often do you capitalize on the weaknesses of others?
3. Are you controlling, manipulative, or overly aggressive?
4. Which of the personality types describe you as being susceptible to the Jezebel spirit?
• Motivationally gifted
• Leader or facilitator
• Wounded or rejected
5. If you are married, are you and your spouse operating effectively in your God appointed position or are you misplaced?
6. Do others consider you more of a positive influence or a negative influence in their lives?
7. How often are you motivated by personal gain?
Make a decision to be a positive Christ like influence to everyone. If you have a domineering spirit, seek God for direction on how to change.
Excellent piece. I agree with you that people need to hear the truths about hell as much as they do about heaven. It's a reality that some forget about and some have never even heard about. The saddest part of this whole situation is that most people who struggle with the Jezebel spirit are totally unaware of it.
Praise God Sheila! I am so grieved to see this spirit of Jezebel everywhere, dominating churches, unsubmissive to husbands, in the government, etc. While disobeying God's Word, Jezebel calls herself a prophetess. I really think she believes it too. Have you ever resisted authority believing that you were more spiritual and knew better. I know I have. God help us to resist this evil and keep sharing the truth! Love, Crista