(A) Some scriptures to help stress:
1. Psalm 37
2. Isaiah 12; 26:3-4; 30:7,15, 21.
3. Psalm 46
(a) I will not fear for I have a refuge (vs. 1-3)
(b) I will not faint for I have a river (vs. 4-7)
(c) I will not fret for I have a revelation (vs. 8-11)
4. Mark 6 (Jesus ministers to different kinds of stress)
5. James 4: 1-8
(B) Some statements to help stress:
1. Make up your mind (to have the mind of Christ) See Phil. 2:5-11
2. Make sure you are saved (The Holy Spirit will tell you) Rom. 8:16
Be a committed Christian.
3. Clean up your life (Philippians 4:8)
4. Submit your will to God (Matthew 6:33) 'Major on the Majors'
5. Live in the power of the Holy Spirit, not in the weakness of the flesh
6. Walk by faith and not by sight. The world says 'seeing is believing', but the Bible says, 'believing is seeing' (II Cor. 5:7) On the sea of Galilee in the storm, the disciples should have applied what faith they had, to the situation.
7. Praise Him and witness for Him (I Thes. 5:14-28)
(C) Specific help from Psalm 37
1. Fret not (vs. 1-2) Webster says "to fret is to cause emotional strain, to eat or gnaw into; to become uneasy, vexed or worried". David is saying in these verses, "don't get into perilous heat over things"...."don't lose your cool".... "keep calm".... "hang loose".
40% of the things you worry about never happen
30% of worries are over things in the past
12% of worries are needless health concerns
10% of worries are small trifles and concerns
8% of worries are legitimate
2. Trust (vs. 3)
Forsaking All I Take Him
For All I Trust Him
Do good (I Timothy 6:11-12 and II Timothy 4:7)
3. Delight (vs. 4)
(a) Object of delight is the Lord (vs. 4a)
(b) Results of delight (vs. 4b)
So much stress is from delighting in the wrong things. (I John 2:16-17 speaks of this)
4. Commit (vs. 5-6)
(a) Commit to someone bigger than you (Matthew 6:33)
(b) Commit to something better than you (Matthew 28:18-20)
(c) Commit to authority and direction (Psalm 37:23; Proverbs 3:5-6; Jeremiah 29:10-14)
(d) Give yourself away in witness and ministry. Commit to His power, for nothing is too great for God's power. Commit to His love, for nothing is too small for God's love.
5. Rest (vs.7) Not only are the steps of a good person ordered by the Lord, but our 'stops' also (vs. 23)
Let your weight (problems, etc.) down upon God (vs. 25) He can take it and YOU need it (Matt.11:28-30 and I Peter 5:7)
We must take in before we can give it out. Jesus said, "Come ye apart before you fall apart" (Mark 6:31)
A great scripture on 'rest' is Deut. 33: 25, 27.
Too many people are distressed over the past and apprehensive about the future and therefore can not enjoy the present.
6. Cease from anger
One of the 7 deadly sins along with pride, envy, impurity, gluttony, sloth and avarice is anger. (Matt: 5:22)
Anger is progressive and can lead to hell. 'Nip it in the bud' for Paul says, 'Don't let the sun go down on your wrath" (advanced anger) Eph. 4:26
Much stress is caused by:
1. Poor nutritional habits (too much sugar, caffeine and especially a poor breakfast or too much to eat at night)
2. Lack of adequate exercise: run it off.....rest it off.
3. Too many drugs
4. Selfishness (a big cause) Get your mind off 'self'....witness and minister to someone less fortunate than yourself.
5. Guilt.....the answer is Grace
Pressure.....the answer is Prayer
Worry....the answer is the Word of God
More stress......the answer is Spirit-control
Fear....the answer is Faith
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR BY COMMENTING
LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Travis Wiginton or search for other articles by topic below.
Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through
Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
TRUST JESUS TODAY
Free Audio Bible
500 Plus Languages
Faith Comes By Hearing.com