Are you a Jesus follower who wants to share the Good News about Jesus, but, feel intimidated by the idea that you might just be hated for it? The message that Jesus brings to the world is directly opposed to the humanistic nature that consumes popular thought and lifestyles. This has always been the case. So it shouldn't come as a surprise to those of us who gently and lovingly want to teach truth that we would be attacked as haters by those who don't want to hear it.
Here are a few encouraging words for those who from time to time get discouraged by some who angrily oppose the message of Jesus.
1. You will be blessed when you are mocked for following Jesus
2. Your truth is not being rejected. God's truth is.
3. Speaking God's truth in love is not hate speech. Hating or loving the truth is the burden of the hearer not the sharer.
4. Your boldness is supernatural.
5. Take a moment every day and consider the hostility that Jesus endured. Then don't give up.
and this one is the most important:
6. Make sure before you open your mouth to share the Good News about Jesus that your love for God and for others is pure and genuine.
Do these encouraging words from God help you and give you courage?
I pray you will be bold and courageous today. You are needed.