It is recommended that by the time a child attains ages between 10 through 12 years, he or she have mastered the following manners as they relate to: (1) other people; (2) when visiting; and (3) table manners. Examples:
1. Respect the privacy of others.
2. “Pardon me,” “Excuse me,” “I’m sorry” (whenever he/she interferes with someone or wants to get someone’s attention).
3. Ask permission to use items/things that do not belong to her/him.
4. Cover their nose and/or mouth when coughing or sneezing. Turning their head away from others is also appropriate.
5. Say “Hello, how are you?” “Good day,” “Good-bye”.
6. Say “No” (Not ‘Nah’), “Yes (Not ‘Yeah’).
7. Say “Yes, sir,” “Yes, ma’am,” “Yes, Mrs.(last name),” “Yes, Mr._(last name)”.
8. Avoid making fun of people who make mistakes.
9. Respect the differences of others (race, religion, gender, speech, political views).
1. Greet a host/hostess with a smile, a handshake, with a verbal greeting, “How do you do?” or “Hello, how are you?”
2. Avoid conflicts with guests.
3. Refrain from touching, playing with things that are in someone’s home.
4. Make no comments about what the host/hostess does in their home.
5. Offer to help clean up, if needed.
6. After returning home, write a brief “thank you” note (it is okay to purchase thank you cards or make one from the computer) then send to the host/hostess.
1. Keep elbows off of the table.
2. Place the napkin on their lap as soon as he/she is seated remaining in place until the meal is over.
3. Break their bread into small pieces before buttering it.
4. Chew food quietly with the mouth closed.
5. Talk only if there is no food in the mouth.
6. Ask for food or other items to be passed to her/him never reach across the table.
7. Never overload the fork.
8. Ask to be excused if he/she most leave the table.
9. Never interrupt the conversation of another. Wait your turn to speak.
10. Once he/she has finished eating, place the flatware on the plate and napkin to the right side of the plate.
11. Place the chair back into position at the end of the meal.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW