How Effective Is Your Ministry?
How effective is your ministry? Whether you are a pastor of a congregation, a leader of a Christian organization, or have a personal ministry, there are some questions you can ask that can help determine how effective it is. While it is true that WE cannot change lives and relationships, the Holy Spirit of God can. It is also true that many times results will not be seen this side of heaven, however, that should not become a reason for not seeing results in the here and now.
I believe that when God bestows spiritual gifts upon people and gives them divinely ordained missions and purposes for their lives, there will be results. On the other hand, I believe that there are some congregations doing nothing more than coming together for worship once a week, and there is nothing wrong with that, but that is as far as it goes. There are no indications of changed lives or relationships. Christian organizations normally have a focus on a specific type of ministry, but many local congregations do not. I believe every local church should have a focus on some type of ministry where lives are being changed or relationships are being restored. If they do not, then why are they in ministry? I know this sounds harsh, but when one looks at the Book of Acts as a model for how the church ought to function, we see many indications of changed lives, some very dramatic. In some cases, if one were to put the "ministry" of some local churches up against this model, the gap would be huge. Enough said. Here are some questions to ponder in evaluating your particular ministry.
1. Have their been any professions of faith?
2. How many baptisms have there been, if any?
3. Could you think of specific individuals who have seen deliverance from some addiction?
4. How about restored marriages?
5. Has anyone experienced emotional healing?
6. Has anyone experienced physical healing?
7. Have there been specific answers to prayer in people's lives?
8. Has anyone experienced breakthroughs out of some "stuck" situation?
9. Could anyone give a testimony as to what God has done in his or her life, not 5 years ago, but recently?
10. Are there definite indications that people in your ministry are growing in their walk with the Lord?
11. Are people reading the Bible consistently and learning how to spiritually "feed' themselves?
12. Are people learning to live a victorious Christian life, or are they living in defeat?
If you are in a ministry of any kind, but cannot answer "yes" to any of these questions, you might want to seriously evaluate why you are. Is not this what ministry is all about? I include myself here because I have a speaking and writing ministry, but praise God, I have seen some results. While it is true that one needs to be faithful in preaching and teaching the word of God, leaving the results to Him, it is also true that there WILL be results if one is truly in line with God's purpose for their life.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by John Clark or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.