Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.
This is day two of our discussion series that is taken from the King James Bible commentary. These steps are designed to lead children into holy and godly living that will carry them a lifetime and they are (partial paraphrasing):
1. Parents are to dedicate their children back to God at the beginning of the child's life (1 Samuel 1:28; Luke 2:22).
2. Parents are to teach their children to fear God in reverence and turn away from sin and to love righteousness. Parents are also encouraged to instill in their children God's attitude against sin and His judgment on sin (Hebrews 1:9).
3. It important to teach your child obedience as you obey God using scripture as your foundation for teaching them (Deuteronomy 8:5; Proverbs 3:11-13; 13:24; 23:13-14; 29:15, 17; Hebrews 12:7).
4. Parents are to protect their children from all ungodly influences by teaching them that Satan uses many different tactics to destroy them spiritually by getting them to succumb to the world's moral values (Proverbs 13:20; 28:7; 1 John 2:15-17).
5. Parents are to teach their children that God sees all, knows all and is evaluating all their actions (words and deeds) (Psalm 139:1-12).
6. Encourage early acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior through repentance and water baptism in Christ (Matthew 19:14).
7. It is important for parent to establish their children in a Bible based church that is teaching the truth of God's Word, His righteous standards, and where the Holy Spirit manifests Himself through praise and worship and in the child's life (Psalm 119:63; Acts 12:5). It is also, to teach them a motto/creed that is Biblically sound to live by.
8. It is important for parents to teach their children the importance of being spiritually separated from this world and it value system (2 Cortinthians6:14-7:1;James4:4). Teach the children that their true home is in heaven with Christ (Philippians 3:20; Colossians 3:1-3).
9. Parents are to teach their children the importance of being baptized in the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:4-5, 8; 2:4,39).
10. Parents are to teach their children that God loves them and has a special purpose for their lives (Luke 1:13-17; Romans 8:30; 1 Peter 1:3-9).
11. Parents are encouraged to instruct their children daily in God's Word, and this can be accomplished through conversation and family devotion time (Deuteronomy 4:9; 6:5-7; 1 Timothy 4:6; 2 Timothy 3:15).
12. Parents are encouraged to be an example of godly living and having a daily prayer life (Acts 6:4 Romans 12:12; Ephesians 6:18; James 5:16).
13. Teach your children that they will suffer and may face persecution for their affiliation with Christ their Savior (Matthew 5:13; 2 Timothy 3:12).
14. Parents are encouraged to constantly lift up their children in prayer to God (Ephesians 6:16; James 5:16-18).
15. Parents are encouraged to have and show love to their children to the point of making extreme sacrifices (Philippians 2:17).
Comments are welcomed
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Dr. Willie B White or search for articles on the same topic or others.