Here are ten things to do and remember when you find yourself falling back into a wrongful or sinful pattern of thinking, action, or behavior. These things will pull you out of your pit of wrong thinking and get you moving again.
1. There is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1). So, do not condemn yourself.
2. God will pick you up. Psalm 37:24 tells us that if you stumble, you will not fall because God will uphold you with His hand.
3. Confess your sin. I John 1:9 is a verse of comfort. If you confess your sins God is faithful and just to forgive you, and to cleanse you from all unrighteousness.
4. Go and sin no more. Read the story in John 8:1-11. This does not mean that you will never sin again. It means you need to change your ways.
5. Recognize your weaknesses and things that cause you to resort back to old ways of thinking and behavior. Read Romans 6-8.
6. Realize that your victory is in Jesus and that He is more powerful than Satan. Command Satan, out loud if necessary, to leave you alone. (Romans 8:37)
7. Use appropriate scripture verses to get your thinking back in line with God's Word.
8. Don't forget that God still loves you, no matter what. (Romans 8:35-39)
9. Worship God. See yourself in comparison with God's character. (Isaiah 6:3-5)
10. Crucify the flesh with its passions and desires, daily. (Galatians 5:24, Romans 8:13, and 13:12-14)
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by John Clark or search for articles on the same topic or others.