We are given instructions by the Apostle Paul to Pray about several things that will enable us to live in a Higher Dimension of God’s Power as Born-again Christians. Paul wanted the entire Body of Christ to live in all of the Blessings and Power that God made available to us through Christ Jesus. When Paul wrote to the Christians at Ephesus, he pointed out the areas he targeted in his Prayers for them;
* Paul thanked God for them (v. 16)
* He said, May God grant them Spiritual Wisdom and Revelation to know Jesus (v. 17)
* That their Understanding may be enlighten to God’s Calling on their lives (v. 18)
* That they MAY KNOW GOD’S POWER (He mentions 2 level’s of it) (v. 19)
* And Jesus’ authority over all things visible and invisible (v. 20-21)
* Lastly, Jesus’ headship to the Church (v. 22-23) (Ephesians 1:16-23 NKJV)
2 Level’s of God’s Power
Paul mentions 2 Level’s of God’s Power—the lowest Level being Born-again and the highest Level the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. There’s a difference between the Level of Being Born-again and Being Raised from the dead as Jesus was raised from the dead. I will explain later on in this article.
1. Level One—And what is the exceeding greatness of HIS POWER toward us who believe (v. 19a) (Ephesians 1:19 NKJV)
This is the POWER that we experienced when we were Born-again. The Apostle John wrote about this same POWER; But as many as received HIM (Jesus), to them gave HE POWER to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on HIS name (John 1:12 KJV)
POWER—in this verse is Right, Authority, and Spiritual ability to do the Will of God. Jesus granted us the Divine ability to become the sons of God (that is, to become POWERFUL men and women of God on the earth as we accepted HIM as our Personal Lord and Savior.)
Going back to what Paul said, he PRAYED that the Christians in Ephesus are granted Spiritual Wisdom and Revelation to know Jesus and that we may be enlightened to God’s Call on our lives and that we become aware of the POWER we have been given—and one Level of HIS POWER that we are becoming aware of is the POWER to become sons of God.
Note: that this PRAYER applies to us as well. Paul left us an example of how he Prayed for the Church of Ephesus, so they may also Pray it for themselves during the time they received this letter from Paul. And they were responsible to pass along this valuable teaching to the believers at Ephesus and throughout ALL GENERATIONS so we may Pray this PRAYER and learn about God’s Power on both Level’s. (See, Ephesians 3:20-21 NKJV).
2. The Second Level of POWER is—According to the working of HIS Mighty Power which HE worked in Christ when HE raised HIM from the dead and seated HIM at HIS right hand in heavenly places. (Ephesians 1:19-20 NKJV)
Again, Paul mentions Mighty Power that Raised Jesus from the dead. Paul Prayed so that every Christian may become aware of it. This is the highest Power that we can experience as Christians.
The first mention of POWER that Paul wrote about is Dunamis in the Greek—which is force; Specially Miraculous POWER (a Miracle itself). (Eph. 1:19 NKJV)
The Second mention of POWER—is Mighty Power which is (ISCUS—Mighty) (Kratos—Power) this means Might, strength, Power and in action as used of God (the strength, Kratos, of HIS) Might. (HIS Mighty) Power (Eph. 1:20 NKJV)
The Miracle of Salvation that most Pastors are concern and teach about often, is not as Powerful as the Miraculous Power demonstrated when God raised Jesus from the dead. We cannot down-play or fail to teach about the Powerful Resurrection of Jesus Christ and only focus on telling people about Salvation alone. Paul Prayed that we all become aware of both Level’s the lowest Level being Born-again and the Highest Level Jesus’ Resurrection Power.
According to Paul’s Teaching we have different Level’s of God’s Power that we can experience and we should Pray about. Here we have only 2 Level’s mentioned to us by Paul. But throughout Paul’s letters we have 5 Level’s or Dimensions of God’s Power that we have to Pray about and experience as Christians. I previously wrote several articles about the Dimensions of God’s Power back in 2011 and they are;
1. Praying to know God’s Power (written 4-17-2011)—this article teaches us to Pray so we may know God’s Power.
2. Dimensions of God’s Power (written 4-19-2011)—this article teaches us 3 Level’s of God’s Power. 1 thru 3 Level’s.
3. Dimensions of God’s Power Part 2 (written 4-22-2011)—this article teaches us Level’s 4 and 5 the Resurrection Power being demonstrated after sudden death by Elijah, Elisha, Peter and Paul. And the difference between Jesus’ Resurrection and that of others who were raised from the dead. For example, Lazarus experienced Dunamis Power a limited portion of Resurrection Power. Jesus experienced ISCUS—Mighty KRATOS—POWER (Complete Power) during HIS Resurrection and Jesus will never die again. Lazarus had to die again after he was raised from the dead by Jesus. Deep Huh?
4. Praying Down the Power of God (written 4-29-2011)—this article teaches us about how the Apostles in the Book of Acts Chapter 4 Prayed Down the Power of God.
The reason for me teaching about “Praying to Experience Different Level’s of Power” is to share the teachings that Paul gave us about Praying Effectively as Christians. My aim in the previous articles was to teach the Dimensions of Power in greater detail. Now, I’m led to teach about the Prayer part of Understanding and Experiencing Different Level’s of God’s Power.
Let me explain it another way, “Praying to Experience Different Level’s of Power” would be the first step to developing a Divine desire for more Power in our lives. Then the 4 articles mentioned above would be ideal to learning the Dimensions of God’s Power that’s available to us so we can Experience it. Amen.
I hope that these teachings will inspire you to desire more Power in your lives in Jesus’ Mighty name, Amen.