Praying to Operate in Power
by Manuel Vargas
Free to Share
Author requests article critique
Free to Share
Author requests article critique
SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE
HIRE THIS WRITER
Praying to Operate in Power
Since Holy Week is upon us and the observance of Palm Sunday, Passover, Good Friday and Easter Sunday (which is, really Resurrection Sunday). It was during Prayer that I sought the Lord on what HE desired for me to write. I’m not a traditional Christian as most are, and I’m not going to preach and teach about the 7 last words of Jesus on the Cross before HE died. So the Lord told me to teach about PRAYER—Praying to Operate in Power.
What do you mean Praying to Operate in Power?
The Apostle Paul taught us how we should Pray from the Books of Romans—thru to the—Book of Hebrews. In the Book of Ephesians Paul outlined his Prayer for the Church of Ephesus in Chapter 1, verses 16-23 NKJV, outlining what Paul Prayed in Ephesus, Paul wrote that he;
* Thanked God for them (v. 16)
* He said, May God grant them Spiritual Wisdom and Revelation to know Jesus (v. 17)
* That their Understanding may be enlighten to God’s Calling on their lives (v. 18)
* That they may know God’s Power (He mentions 2 level’s of it) (v. 19)
* And Jesus’ authority over all things visible and invisible (v. 20-21)
* Lastly, Jesus’ headship to the Church (v. 22-23)
The Truth and the Biblical Facts about Prayer
There are Bible Teachers, Preachers and Theologians in the Body of Christ that will oppose any teaching about the Power of God or claim that God does not Heal or do Miracles today. And they will go as far as to say that Ministers just want to steal the people’s money and teach false doctrine. We heard these statements by unbelievers, immature believers and bitter Ministers that haven’t learned to believe God for their own Healing or Miracles. So they jump on the bandwagon and bash “Faith Healing Ministers”.
We even have the Media and the secular world joining in to help bash the “Faith Healing Movement” and all those Ministers that believe in Signs, Wonders and Miracles. So how do we deal with this controversy and bring balance and mutual respect and honor to both sides of the issue? By Praying!!!
There are several reasons that Christians fail to come together is because we have a huge ignorance that’s dominating both sides. We have Healing Ministers who tapped into the Power of God and are Ministering to the best of their ability. However, if you were to ask a healing Minister how is it that they operate in the Power of God they may not know how to explain it thoroughly. The believers who haven’t tapped into the Miracle Department of Christian Living get upset because when they question the Move of God or any Supernatural Manifestation they are quickly discourage by their unbelieving Leaders or not given the clear Biblical teaching needed to enhance their Faith in the Power of Signs, Wonders and Miracles.
This is why I purposed to teach this topic as clear as Paul explained it. And the first area we need to learn about the Miraculous is through Prayer. We are to Ask God to reveal it to us—so we may experience it. Paul Prayed that the Church of Ephesus become aware of Operating in the Power of God in (Ephesians 1:16-23 NKJV). Yeah, but Paul Prayed that for them--not for us today? Ok, then let me show you what Paul wrote about Operating in the Miraculous and Paul meant it for ALL GENERATIONS.
Paul’s Prayers are for ALL GENERATIONS
Paul Prayed several Prayers for the Church of Ephesus and he clearly pointed out that his Prayers were meant for ALL GENERATIONS. After Paul wrote another Prayer about “Inner Strength and Love”, Paul gave us a benediction with Powerful Insight about God answering our Prayers and he gave Glory to God throughout ALL GENERATIONS—who will do exceedingly above ALL we can ask or think. Let’s read what Paul said,
Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above ALL that we ask or think, according to the POWER that works in us, (v. 20)
To Him be glory in the Church by Christ Jesus to ALL GENERATIONS, forever and ever. Amen (v. 21) (Ephesians 3:20-21 NKJV)
Let’s carefully outline these verses in context of the entire point that Paul made about PRAYER in Ephesians chapter 3;
1. Paul was teaching about Praying for Inner Strength and Love from (verses 14 thru 19)
2. Paul begins to end his teaching about Prayer with a Powerful Truth about the Divine ability of God who is able to exceedingly do abundantly above ALL that we can ask or think (when we PRAY) (v. 20)
3. And it’s based on the Power that Works in us (that is, The Holy Spirit Operating in us) (v. 20)
4. Then Paul begins to Glorify God who will continue to Operate in the Church forever and ever by answering the Prayers made by ALL GENERATIONS (v. 21)
We usually miss little verses like these that confirm and affirm that God doesn’t change and HE’S still in the Miracle Working Business until HE returns (See also, Acts 2:16-21 NKJV/ 1 Corinthians 1:7 NKJV)
Paul taught about Praying for Power in Other Churches
Paul taught the Church of Thessalonica about Prayer. Paul Prayed that they will also experience God’s Power in their walk of Faith by the Grace of God.
* Paul shared how he thanked God for their character development and suffering they endured (2 Thessalonians 1:3-5 NKJV)
* Then explains that God will bring vengeance on those that trouble them (2 Thess. 1:6-10 NKJV)
* Paul then shares how he Prays for them—that God would count them worthy of this Calling (v. 11)
* That they fulfill all the good pleasure of His goodness (v. 11)
* And the WORK OF FAITH WITH POWER (v. 11)
* That Jesus may be glorified in them (as well as in us) (v. 12)
* Them (and us today) in Him (v. 12)
* According to the GRACE OF GOD and Jesus Christ (v. 12) (2 Thessalonians 1:11-12 NKJV)
Again, we have another PRAYER taught to us by Paul that focus’ on GOD’S POWER being actively Present and Operating in our lives by the Grace of God and Jesus Christ who will see to it that we accomplish HIS Divine will on the earth. We must PRAY this PRAYER for ourselves and for the entire Church around the world so we may be Operating on the same page—instead of debating our opinions. Our opinions don’t matter if it doesn’t line up with the Scriptures. I challenge anyone to read ALL of Paul’s Prayers and see that it has a present application for us today—so we may personify the Prayer for ourselves and use it as an intercessory Prayer to Pray on behalf of others who need Spiritual Wisdom and Revelation about Signs, Wonders and Miracles.
1. We must be Born-again
2. We must be Baptized in water
3. We must be Baptized with the Holy Spirit
4. We must Pray for Spiritual Wisdom and Revelation to know what Jesus Called us to do
5. And the Power HE made available to us
6. Then we should Pray specifically for Power to Evangelize the world with Signs, Wonders and Miracles a sample Prayer is given to us in Acts 4:24-31 NKJV
7. I recommend that you study the articles written about Evangelism
The problem with Christianity is the lack of Protocol that needs to be implemented. If we know the correct formula to apply we will be successful in achieving optimum results. I wish that someone would have shared all this information with me when I was a young believer. I would have been a Man of God in 3 years like the Apostles were instead of 23 years of learning; May God Bless you to tap into the Power HE made available to us in Jesus’ name, Amen.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Manuel Vargas or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.