Praying about Closed Doors
by Manuel Vargas
Free to Share
Author requests article critique
Free to Share
Author requests article critique
Praying about Closed Doors
Hi Faith-writers, in my last article we spoke about “Praying for an Open Door”, in this article we will explore why we are to Pray about Closed Doors and Doors that have been Closed on Purpose by the Lord. There is so much insight we can gain by understanding the difference of an Open Door and a Closed Door that Jesus sets before us.
Biblical Fundamental Facts
I would like to share a unique and practical truth about the topic of Prayer. Prayer is just talking to God and HE responding back to you. It’s not a religious rehearsal of words spoken to God and after you’ve completed your request you get up and walk away with a feeling that God heard your request and that’s all we needed to do. The reason Our Heavenly Father has lead me to write about the topic of Prayer this entire year is to grant us fresh insight into the topic so we may have more things we can talk to God about. We now have the opportunity to grow from “The Our Father whose in Heaven”, type of Prayers to a mature communicator with Our Heavenly Father. If we simply apply all the Prayers that the Apostles gave us and instructed us to Pray, that they themselves exercised and shared in their letters in the New Testament. My job as a Bible teacher is to share it with simplicity along with Powerful Testimonies.
Jesus Closes Doors as well
Jesus told the Apostle John to write to the Church in Philadelphia;…These things says He who is holy, He who is true, “He who has the key of David, He who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens”: (v. 7)
I know your works. See, I have set before you an Open Door, and no one can shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My Word, and have not denied My name. (v. 8) (Revelations 3:7-8 NKJV)
The Outline of who Jesus is and what He does
* Jesus declared HE is HOLY and TRUE
* Jesus has the Key to everything we need in this life and the next
* Jesus also has the Key to EVERY DOOR in this life (emphasis added)
* Jesus Opens and Shuts Doors at His discretion
* Jesus acknowledges our Christian duties that’s been ongoing and completed
* Jesus sets Open Doors for us when we are doing His will
* Lastly, Jesus will reveal to us what Doors have been Opened and which Doors were Shut
The Example of this Church
Remember, Jesus was speaking to the Apostle John on the Island of Patmos granting him Fresh Revelation of who HE IS—and also instructing John to write to the 7 existing Churches in Asia during his time on earth. Jesus spoke very highly and approved this Church of Philadelphia and all they were doing in serving HIM on the earth as Born-again Christians back in A.D. 95. So then Jesus shares some facts about Doors that HE Opens and Closes.
As we fast forward to April 7, 2014 we see the Truth written about what Jesus does behind-the-scenes in the Spiritual World by Opening and Closing Doors at HIS discretion. Nevertheless, we must dig out some Key facts that will grant us understanding of why (we are going through what we are going through) as believers.
Jesus is Holy and True
This has to be clearly understood if we ever want to understand why our old friends and acquaintances aren’t around anymore. Jesus separates us when we are called to the Ministry of serving HIM as Born-again Christians (Romans 1:1 NKJV). The Holy Spirit in us Convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgment—this is why our old friends and acquaintances feel uncomfortable around us (John 16:7-13 NKJV). The other thing we must consider is why we lost the taste for being in Lounges, Strip-clubs, Dance clubs and every other unholy and untrue thing that we may have once dabbled in before we became Born-again. It’s because the Holy Spirit trains us spiritually to desire godly things and overtime as we serve God HE changes things by Opening and Closing Doors of the desires of our heart (John 16:13 NKJV)
Right after Jesus presented HIMSELF as HE who is Holy and True…Jesus says I have the Key of David and He Opens Doors and no one shuts, and shuts Doors that no one can Open (not even us). This is an eye Opener of Truth we need to see because the reason we are encountering things in this life on earth is because the Master Planner of our lives has the Doors He wants us to walk through Opened and the Doors we would like to go through Closed until it’s time to Open them according to HIS WILL and PURPOSE.
I shared through many articles my job appointed journeys, as well as, some of the Phases of Ministry I’ve gone through. Allow me to share an outline of both Journeys from 2003 thru 2014;
* August 2003 to October 2003: I worked with my father renovating a Brownstone in Brooklyn N.Y. and I attended Christian Cultural Center as a normal member. (Pew Warmer)
* November 2003 to June 2004: I worked with my uncle Jimmy renovating a Brownstone in Harlem NYC and I attended CCC as a Bench warmer.
* July 2004 to May 2005: I’ve worked various different side jobs as a handyman and started College (unplanned by me) on September 2004 and attended CCC (Christian Cultural Center).
* May 2005 to May 2007: I’ve worked with JVA Ind. As a rough Carpenter, still in College Majoring in Construction Management and attending CCC.
* May 2007 to November 2010: I became a Licensed Construction Manager with the NYC Dept. of Buildings and worked on numerous projects and I attend Harvest Fields Community Church in the Bronx.
* February 2011 to Today: I’m a low-level maintenance worker in NYC and I’ve been writing on Faith-writers for the same amount of time and attend Harvest Fields but no longer in College.
As you read this list it seems that I’m an unstable maniac Christian with a bad attitude that can’t stay still. No! That’s not the case! I sought to be employed with a great company for a long time that pays well. But God Open the Door for me to be in College and Paid for it through financial aid that I qualified for. While attending College God Opened the Door for me to work with JVA Industries; A classmate Divine Connection.
While working for JVA Industries all the Construction Managers encourage me to be a Licensed Construction Manager and I did, earning up to $1800 a week. Then things got slow in Construction and my Brother calls me for a Maintenance gig and I’m doing Maintenance now. The same month I started working in Maintenance the Lord spoke to me in a loud audible voice to begin writing online teachings February 2011. So here I am 171 articles later all Glory to God.
Now, I’m training in Cinematography to shoot video teaching and preaching segments to post on YouTube and still writing on Faith-writers and working in Maintenance and I’m still attending Harvest Fields Church in the Bronx.
My point in sharing my testimony is to show you how Jesus Opens Doors;
* For Employment—And Promotion Handyman, Carpenter, Foreman and then Construction Manager
* For College—Vocational and Academic training
* For Networking—to meet new people that will help us grow and achieve higher things
* For Relationships—I met my wife in 2007 and we married in August 2009
* For Family—we had a Daughter
* For Fellowship—with New Church Members at a different Church congregation
* For New Acquaintances—I’ve met a lot of new people moving from Brooklyn to the Bronx
* For Ministry—I’m going from writing online to posting Videos come this summer God Willing
Jesus also Closed Doors
* I’m no longer in Construction
* I’m no longer in College
* I’m no longer in my old neighborhood
* I’m no longer single
* I’m no longer free to hangout I have a wife and Baby
* I’m no longer a bench warmer at Church
* I’m no longer earning a big salary I have a small budget
The idea of understanding the Open and Close Doors in our lives is that we must be Open for change and new things with God. And instead of stressing about the change we should Pray about the Closed Doors and God will reveal things to us about why HE Closed that Door. When I Prayed about my job situation God told me, look at the life of Joseph in the Old Testament. Joseph was up and then thrown in a pit. Then Joseph was sold as a slave and then he became a Manager in Potipher’s house. While working in Potipher’s house, Joseph was falsely accused and thrown in prison and then became a deputy warden in the prison. Thereafter, he finally arrived at his High-Calling in God ruling Egypt. I was lead to write 3 articles about Joseph’s life and calling in the following articles;
1. “Different ways God calls us” written 2-202011
2. “Grace and Favor when God is with U” written 8-17-2013
3. “Favor when God is with U” written 8-23-2013
God Opened and Closed many Doors for Joseph in all areas of his life that has a unique parallel to our lives, so I recommend that you read these articles and see where you are with God so you may carefully Pray about the Closed Doors in your personal life and then can you seek HIM to understand the Opened Door HE set before you. May God bless you to see every Door that has been Opened and those Doors that has been Closed in Jesus’ name, Amen.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Manuel Vargas or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.