Tuesday Bible Study 4/1/14 Pastor Michael Ten Laws of Sowing and Reaping part 2
Ten Laws of Sowing and Reaping
It is time to get into eating meat and let go of the milk. Jesus said the harvest is ready. We have to be prepared for the harvest so we donít waste it. God is not about wasting harvest on people who are not ready. Harvest comes by preparation and not by luck or accident. God is NOT a lucky charm!
Law # 6: The Nature of the Seed Sown Determines the Nature of the Harvest Reaped:
* Genesis 1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, the herb that yields seed according to its kind, and the tree that yields fruit, whose seed is in itself according to its kind.*
Everything we have is a seed. Our time is a seed. Our talent is a seed. Our treasure/money is a seed. There is a natural seed and a spiritual seed.
* Gal. 6:7-9 If we sow to the flesh we will reap corruption. If we sow to the Spirit we will reap eternal things.* Sow into the kingdom of God. Sow into Eternal to get the Eternal harvest! Do what we are supposed to do and God will bless us. The first shall be last and the last shall be first! The party starts when we get there and God is getting ready to shake us up! Sowing our time to God is the way that opens the door of blessings from God. Invest in our soul and in the Word.
What does it mean to sow to the Spirit?
Sowing to the flesh is when we allow carnal desires to motivate us. Some financial sowing is done with carnal motivation (James 4, to consume). You do not sow into your marriage so that you can get what you want, you do it because you want to honor God and it is the right thing to do. Sowing to the Spirit means we are allowing the Spirit of God to have his way. Sowing to the Sprit means that we sow to produce kingdom fruit in all areas. Sow even when we donít really want to. Sow into the kingdom because it is Eternal. Our jobs will come and go but the kingdom of God is Eternal. Sow into good soil. Good soil will multiply the seed. God will multiply the seed. The Bible tells us three ways to sow good seed:
1. Sow money to the less fortunate folk, the poor. We are seeding into them.
2) Sow money to family, friends that we know. Donít loan them money but release it to them and reap from God. Loaning money is the best way to break up friendships when they donít pay you back when they said they would. Sow it and we are seeding into them.
3) Sow money upward to people that donít really need it but who are working for the kingdom. We will reap the blessing of God when we are seeding into them.
Many may long for and want the harvest but they are not dong the work for the harvest. God doesnít have favorites. It is just that the blessed Christians we see are working Godís law of sowing and reaping. We do not need ďpeopleĒ to be our resources. God is our resource! People cannot keep us like God can keep us!
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Miz KJV Only or search for articles on the same topic or others.