The term "virtuous" was coined from the English word "virtue", the Latin word "virtus" and the Greek word "arete". These terms mean "moral excellence". Personally, I think of a virtuous woman as one possessing those personal characteristics which promote individual and group greatness. She is a woman over-ruled by virtue and an epitome of excellence. Since the essential ingredient of life is virtue (or character), the Holy Bible defines a virtuous woman as the crown to her husband (prov. 12:4) and as one whose price is far above rubies (prov. 31:10). Continue...
A virtuous woman is a devoted and vision-filled woman - who seeks the will of God for her life and that of others.
7 CHARACTERISTICS OF A VIRTUOUS WOMAN.
1. She is Godly: A virtuous woman serves God in spirit and in truth. She serves Him with her body also and follows His ways.
2. She is chaste: This is portrayed in her attitude of fidelity as she keeps herself for one person in a reserved lifestyle. She is trustworthy and ideal in marriage.
3. She is industrious: A virtuous woman works willingly with her hands, does the right thing at the right time and does not grumble while completing her tasks.
4. She is neat: The bible says that cleanliness is next to Godliness. As such, a virtuous woman cares for her body as he keeps her family and surrounding clean.
5. She is an altruist: A virtuous woman uses hospitality to minister to those around her. She reaches out to the poor and needy as she is not selfish.
6. She is mothering: She teaches her children the ways of God, nurtures them with the love of Christ and disciplines them with care and wisdom. She is a good mother and wife.
7. She talks less: A virtuous woman is not a talkative. She opens her mouth in wisdom and her tongue is the law of kindness.
Finally, a virtuous woman is a woman of worth and beauty who doesn't walk aimlessly but uses her time wisely. She is patient, diligent, benevolent, humble and kind. And above all, she is a woman of LOVE; for this is the greatest of all.