The term "virtuous" was coined from the English word "virtue", the Latin word "virtus" and the Greek word "arete". These terms mean "moral excellence". Personally, I think of a virtuous woman as one possessing those personal characteristics which promote individual and group greatness. She is a woman over-ruled by virtue and an epitome of excellence. Since the essential ingredient of life is virtue (or character), the Holy Bible defines a virtuous woman as the crown to her husband (prov. 12:4) and as one whose price is far above rubies (prov. 31:10). Continue...
A virtuous woman is a devoted and vision-filled woman - who seeks the will of God for her life and that of others.
7 CHARACTERISTICS OF A VIRTUOUS WOMAN.
1. She is Godly: A virtuous woman serves God in spirit and in truth. She serves Him with her body also and follows His ways.
2. She is chaste: This is portrayed in her attitude of fidelity as she keeps herself for one person in a reserved lifestyle. She is trustworthy and ideal in marriage.
3. She is industrious: A virtuous woman works willingly with her hands, does the right thing at the right time and does not grumble while completing her tasks.
4. She is neat: The bible says that cleanliness is next to Godliness. As such, a virtuous woman cares for her body as he keeps her family and surrounding clean.
5. She is an altruist: A virtuous woman uses hospitality to minister to those around her. She reaches out to the poor and needy as she is not selfish.
6. She is mothering: She teaches her children the ways of God, nurtures them with the love of Christ and disciplines them with care and wisdom. She is a good mother and wife.
7. She talks less: A virtuous woman is not a talkative. She opens her mouth in wisdom and her tongue is the law of kindness.
Finally, a virtuous woman is a woman of worth and beauty who doesn't walk aimlessly but uses her time wisely. She is patient, diligent, benevolent, humble and kind. And above all, she is a woman of LOVE; for this is the greatest of all.
GOD BLESS YOU.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Prince Ifoh or search for articles on the same topic or others.