Here are 10 things for which to be thankful when you get up in the morning. May we who have abundance not forget those who are without these things, either as a result of poverty, the economy, or natural disasters.
1. Be thankful that you had a bed to sleep in. Many people of the world have to sleep on floors.
2. Be thankful that you woke up feeling refreshed and well. Many people wake up sick or with long term and terminal illnesses.
3. Be thankful that you woke up inside a house. Many people are waking up each morning on the street or under an overpass. Others have lost their homes to natural disasters.
4. Be thankful that you have power in your house. Think of those who are victims of winter storms and other natural disasters.
5. Be thankful that you have hot and cold running water, and that you get a glass of drinkable water. According to Feed The Children Ministries, 780 million people across the globe, or 11% of the world's population, do not have access to improved sources of drinking water.
6. Be thankful that you have a closet full of clothes and shoes to wear. Many people in the world do not have shoes to put on their feet.
7. Be thankful that you have food to eat for breakfast. According to Feed The Children Ministries, 1 out of 5 children just in the U.S. alone, are in danger of hunger.
8. Be thankful that you have a car to drive.
9. Be thankful that you have a car that starts.
10. Be thankful that you have a job to go to, even if it is a minimum wage one. It is a whole lot better than standing in an unemployment line. Think of all the unemployed workers because of the economy.