The Book of Revelation prophesies that many dramatic events will occur during a time referred to as the Great Tribulation. This will be the greatest time of trial ever experienced on earth. They will demonstrate God's judgment and God's desire to get mankind's attention, that people may respond to his saving grace.
Can these things be taken literally? Even though there are some descriptions that are symbolic in Revelation, everything that CAN be taken literally, SHOULD be taken literally. Many prophesies in both the Old and New Testaments have been fulfilled literally to the exact detail. Others are being fulfilled right now in current world events. On what basis doest one believe that the things in Revelation are not literal? Is it because a person is in denial so that he or she will not have to face the consequences? There is no basis for doing a 180-degree turn and saying that Revelation prophesies are something other than literal. Even though John, the inspired writer of the book, recorded descriptions of visions he received of events taking place in the future, this does not mean that they are not to be taken literally.
It is going to be one wild ride on Planet Earth. You really do not want to be around at this time. The nice thing is that you do not have to. Put your faith and trust in Jesus today.
1. Earthquakes, a darkened sun, and blood moons will occur. Earthquakes are already increasing with greater frequency and intensity.
2. Stars of the sky will fall to the earth, and every mountain and island will be moved out of their places.
3. Hail and fire mixed with blood will be thrown to the earth.
4. One-third of the earth, one-third of the trees, and all green grass will be burned up.
5. Something like a great mountain with fire will be thrown into the sea, and a third of the sea will become blood. A third of the sea creatures will die, and a third of the ships will be destroyed.
6. A great star will fall from heaven, burning like a torch, on a third of the rivers, and one-third of the waters will become bitter.
7. A third of the sun, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars will be darkened, with decreased light by day and by night.
8. Locusts given power like scorpions will torment for 5 months, anyone who does not have the seal of God on their foreheads. Further description is given in verses 8-10.
9. One-third of the human race will be killed.
10. There will be an army of 200 million people.
11. Two witnesses (which many scholars believe will be Moses and Elijah), will return to earth after thousands of years, with fire proceeding from their mouths to destroy their enemies.
12. There will be a WORLDWIDE drought for three and one-half years. Droughts are occurring more and more.
13. The two witnesses will be killed but will come back to life.
14. There will be a great earthquake which will destroy a tenth of the holy city and will kill 7,000 people.
15. There will be the rise of the anti-christ and the false prophet. The whole world will be amazed and will follow after the beast.
16. The mark of the beast will be implemented, and no one will be able to buy or sell without it.
17. There will be loathsome and malignant sores upon mankind.
18. Every living thing in the sea will die.
19. Rivers and springs will become blood.
20. There will be a severe WORLDWIDE heat wave.
21. There will be severe darkness over the whole earth.
22. The great Euphrates River will be dried up.
23. Unclean spirits like frogs will spread over the entire earth.
24. There will be the War of Armageddon.
25. Earthquakes will happen all over the world destroying the cities of the nations, and removing islands and mountains.
26. Hailstones weighing one-hundred pounds will fall.
27. Babylon will be destroyed. This could be either literal or figurative. It is open to various interpretations. There is an actual city of Babylon.
28. Beheading will be practiced. This is already being performed, even in the USA.
Inspite of all this, there will still be those who refuse to acknowledge that there is a God. "The fool has said in his heart, 'There is no God.'"
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR,
LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
AS A MEMBER OR
Read more articles by John Clark or search for other articles by topic below.
Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through
Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
TRUST JESUS TODAY
Free Audio Bible
500 Plus Languages
Faith Comes By Hearing.com