Hi Faith-writers, we are going to share the rest of the Prayers that Paul shared with us so we can learn them, Pray them and experience the Powerful results that Paul experienced. In the last article we shared all the Prayers that Paul Prayed and shared with us from the Books of Romans-thru-to the Book of Colossians, 7 letters filled with awesome Prayers. Now, we are going to share the Prayers from the other 7 letters from the Books of 1 Thessalonians-thru-to the Book of Hebrews.
Paul’s Prayers and Instructions for the Church of 1 Thessalonians
1. Paul thanked God for them mentioning them in his Prayers (v. 2)
2. Remembering their work of faith (v. 3)
3. Labor of Love (v. 3)
4. And Patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ (v. 3)
5. In the sight of our God and Father (v. 3)
6. Knowing their election (or Calling) by God (v. 4) (1 Thessalonians 1:2-4 NKJV)
Note: I purposely dissect the Prayers in detail by clauses to show how Paul Thanked God in detail. The more we learn on how to detail our Prayers the greater the Blessings that we will experience as we mature into Prayer Warriors.
Paul further Prayed “Thanksgiving type of Prayers” for them;
1. For this reason we also thank God without ceasing (v. 13)
2. Because they welcomed the Word of God as Truth coming from God and not men (v. 13)
3. Which worked effectively in them who believed (v. 13) (1 Thessalonians 2:13 NKJV)
There’s a secret about Praying for something and believing God for it to materialize—and the Prayer of Thanksgiving. The Mystery is, that when we Pray for God to do something once--then thereafter we turn that Prayer into what Paul does and that is, a Thanksgiving Prayer. I will teach on this in more detail in the future, God willing.
Paul Prayed Night and Day
1. That he may see them and minister to them (v. 10)
2. That God may direct his steps to them (v. 11)
3. May the Lord increase them to abound in Love (v. 12)
4. So the Lord may establish them blameless and in holiness until the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ (v. 13) (1 Thessalonians 3:10-13 NKJV)
Other Instructions we have are;
1. Paul taught us to Pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17 NKJV)
2. Paul said that giving Thanks to God for all things is God’s Will (1 Thessalonians 5:18 NKJV)
3. Paul made a Proclamation that God will sanctify them and us completely; that our spirit, soul and body be preserved blameless at the coming of Jesus (1 Thessalonians 5:23 NKJV)
4. Paul said brethren, Pray for us (1 Thessalonians 5:25 NKJV)
5. Paul Proclaimed Grace and Peace upon them and us (1 Thessalonians 5:28 NKJV)
Paul continues to share more about Prayer in his Second Letter to theThessalonians
1. Paul shared how he thanked God for their character development and suffering they endured (2 Thessalonians 1:3-5 NKJV)
2. Then explains that God will bring vengeance on those that troubled them (2 Thess. 1:6-10 NKJV)
3. Paul then shares how he Prays for them—that God would count them worthy of this Calling (v. 11)
4. That they fulfill all the good pleasure of His goodness (v. 11)
5. And the work of faith with Power (v. 11)
6. That Jesus may be glorified in them (as well as us) (v. 12)
7. Them (and us) in Him (v. 12)
8. According to the Grace of God and Jesus Christ (v. 12) (2 Thess. 1:11-12 NKJV)
Paul shared another Thanksgiving Prayer—thanking God for their Salvation, Sanctification by the Holy Spirit in Belief of the Truth and for their Calling (2 Thess. 2: 13-14 NKJV)
Paul said, Pray for us (that is, we are instructed to Pray for Ministers, just like the Church of Thessalonians Prayed for Paul) (2 Thessalonians 3:1-2 NKJV) Just to be clear!!! We are not to Pray for Paul now!!! These instructions are designed to be implemented generation—after—generation we are to Pray for our Ministers in our time who are alive and doing the Will of God now. Paul shows us how;
1. That the Word of the Lord may run swiftly (v. 1)
2. And be glorified (by those who hear and believe it) (v. 1)
3. Just as it is with you (v. 1)
4. That they may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men (v. 2)
5. For not all men have faith (v.2) (2 Thess. 3:1-2 NKJV)
Paul proclaimed that the Lord direct their hearts into the Love of God and into the patience of Jesus Christ (2 Thess. 3:5 NKJV)
Paul Proclaimed that the Lord of Peace grant them Peace always in every way and be with them all (2 Thess. 3:16 NKJV)
Paul Proclaimed Grace and Peace upon them (2 Thess. 3:18 NKJV)
Paul wrote to Timothy about Prayer and exhorted him;
1. That all Supplications, Prayers, Intercessions and Giving of Thanks be made for all men (v. 1)
2. For kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence (v. 2)
3. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior (v. 3)
4. Who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the Truth (v. 4)
5. For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus (v. 5)
6. Who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time (v. 6)
7. I desire therefore that the men Pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting; (v. 8) (1 Timothy 2:1-6, 8 NKJV)
Paul taught that food is to be received with Thanksgiving and it is sanctified by the Word of God and Prayer (1Timothy 4:3-5 NKJV)
Paul taught about the different types of widows (1Timothy 5:3-16 NKJV). And mentioned there is one type of widow who trusts in God and continues in Supplications and Prayers Night and Day (1 Timothy 5:5 NKJV). Good example is Anna the Prophetess (Luke 2:36-39 NKJV).
Paul remembered Timothy during his Prayers Night and Day hoping to see him (2 Tim. 1:3-4 NKJV)
Paul Prayed that the Lord grant Mercy to Onesiphorus (2 Tim. 1:16, 18 NKJV)
After Paul taught Timothy about the Soldier, Athlete and the Farmer and their ways of life and disciplines that parallels to the Practices a Man of God should apply themselves to be successful—Paul Prayed consider what I say, and may the Lord give you understanding in all things (2 Timothy 2:1-7 NKJV)
After Paul taught Timothy about the hardships of a Minister by those who will oppose the Gospel—Paul Prayed that God grant them repentance so they may know the Truth and come to their senses to be saved (2 Timothy 2:24-26 NKJV)
Paul told Timothy to be Watchful (Prayerful) in all things;
1. Endure afflictions
2. Do the work of an Evangelist
3. Fulfill your Ministry (2 Timothy 4:1-5 NKJV) Too much to Outline, God willing I will teach about all these verses in the future.
Paul Prayed about the situation with Alexander—may the Lord repay him for his works (2 Tim. 4:14 NKJV) and may it not be charged against them (2 Tim. 4:15-16 NKJV)
In the Book of Titus, Paul Proclaimed Grace and Peace upon him (Titus 1:4/ 3:15)
In Philemon Paul Proclaimed Grace and Peace (Philemon 3, 25 NKJV)
1. Paul gave thanks on behalf of Philemon (v. 4)
2. Based on the Love and Faith Philemon had towards Jesus & all believers (v. 5)
3. That the sharing of his faith may be effective by acknowledging every good thing which is in him through Jesus Christ (v. 6-7)
4. After Paul told Philemon to prepare a room for him, Paul said, I trust that through your Prayers I shall be granted to you (v. 22) that Paul will make to Philemon’s house.
In the Book of Hebrews, Paul gave us more Prayers and Instructions
Paul said we are to hold fast to our confession—in Jesus as our High Priest (Hebrews 4:14 NKJV) God Willing I will explain this type of Proclamation/ Confession type of Prayers we must do as Christians.
Paul said we are to come boldly to the throne of Grace to obtain mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need (Hebrews 4:16 NKJV)
Paul taught that Jesus offered up Prayers and supplications with cries and tears to the Father and learned obedience through suffering (Hebrews 5:7-8 NKJV)
Paul taught us what our approach to God in Prayer should be like;
1. Having boldness (assurance) to enter the holiest by the blood of Jesus (v. 19)
2. By a new and living way which HE consecrated for us (v. 20)
3. Having a High Priest over the house of God (v. 21)
4. Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith (v. 22)
5. Having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience (v. 22)
6. And our bodies washed with pure water (v. 22)
7. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering—HE who promised is faithful (v. 23) (Hebrews 10: 19-23 NKJV)
Note: With the instructions given here we should understand that when we go to God in Prayer it’s because Jesus’ Blood made us accessible to the Father and we can have full assurance that the Father accepts us because of Jesus even when we feel dirty and unworthy. I will share more on this concept in the future God willing.
We are to continue to offer up sacrifices of Praise and Thanksgiving to God (Hebrews 13:15 NKJV)
We are to continue to Pray for Ministers (Hebrews 13:18-19 NKJV)
Teaching on the Topic of Prayer
Like I said in my last article I will Teach on all the Prayers that I did not get a chance to teach on in the past on this website—that Paul shared with us in his 14 Letters from the Book of Romans to the Book of Hebrews in greater detail. I’ve been told to categorized them, then place them in their proper subjects, we will give you Biblical examples and then we will share a lot of testimony of how God answered all these instructions of Prayers in my personal life.
This year we have to Pray Powerful Prayers. This Outline may be easy for some of you to take and apply it and for those who need more insight—God willing we are going to go more in-depth about all these Prayers. May God release His Blessing on all of you reading this article and may the Anointing of the Holy Spirit come upon you to become Powerful Prayer Warriors, in Jesus’ name, Amen.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Manuel Vargas or search for articles on the same topic or others.