One of the keys to good health is avoiding as much as possible the many toxins we are exposed to and then getting rid of the toxins that manage to enter our bodies each and every day. You may think you are healthy and you may even feel pretty good but there's the probability that your body is in a state of disease and you don't even know it because we are literally bombarded with various toxins from sources we seldom think about. Many of these toxins are in your own home.
When the body gets overwhelmed with more toxins than it can eliminate then you are in danger of becoming sick. Diseases such as heart disease, cancer, pneumonia, can strike you down and kill you. Of course these diseases usually take years to develop and while your immune system is the first defense against these toxins there's no guarantee your immune system will be able to protect you if your body gets saturated with more toxins than it can handle. Just being aware of the various sources of these toxins can help you take smart and actionable steps to avoid as much as possible the many ill affects of toxins in your environment. If too many toxins enter your body and are not removed you are at risk of illness, disease and death. Cases of heart disease, cancer, stroke and diabetes are on the increase largely because of the toxins we are taking into our bodies. Isn't it time we fight back?
In this article I want to briefly cover where these toxins come from and then in another future article I'll explain how to get rid of many of these toxins as well as how to strengthen your immune system so that you can have more energy and stop the process of disease and illness or at least slow it down and hold it at bay before you experience a painful and/or prolonged sickness or deadly disease.
Toxins wreak havoc on so many people today because they are universal so unless you're living in the Amazon rain forest or some other bio-friendly milieu you are most likely getting inundated by toxins. Now let's see where some of these toxins come from and you'll understand why your body is probably toxic.
1. The Air You Breath- It is estimated that there are over 200,000 possible toxins in our air at any one time when you consider all the fossil fuels, chemical such as benzene, second hand smoke from cigarettes, mold and mildew, dust mites found in mattress, couches and carpets, household cleaning products, chemtrails, pet dander, chemicals, glues and dyes in carpets give off (VOC’s) or volatile organic compounds and are emitted as gases from certain solids or liquids, air fresheners, lead based pains found in older homes built before 1978, dry cleaned clothes, carbon dioxide from fireplace, polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs). These are commonly found in mattresses ,upholstery, drapes and curtains, television and computer casings and circuit boards. This list is by no means exhaustive but I did want to give you some idea of what you are up against just inside your home where you may spend most of your time.
2. The Water You Drink- It is estimated there are over 150,000 toxins found in water. Here's something that ought to shock you. The Environmental Working Group (EWG) has analyzed water samples from 201 municipal water systems from 43 states and found chemicals considered “probable human carcinogens” in every single water system they tested. Unless you drink filtered water (most bottled water isn't safe) like reverse osmosis or distilled you are probably getting some of these toxis in you tap water: Fluoride, chlorine, arsenic, bacteria, parasites, prescription drug residue, Bisphenol-A (toxin used in making plastic water bottles. Chromium 6 otherwise known as the “Erin Brockovich chemical,” hexavalent chromium is classified as another “probable carcinogen;” EWG found it in the drinking water of 89 percent of the cities sampled. California, Wisconsin, Arizona, and Florida ranked in the top four when it came to the most contaminated water supplies.
3. The Food You Eat- Amount of toxins from food number over 325,000. Sugar is found in many food products today such as catsup, peanut butter and other processed foods including almost all sodas. Hormones and antibiotics are found in many eggs, soy (almost all soy is genetically modified) hydrogenated oils/trans fats, MSG, white flour products, artificial colors and preservatives in most processed foods.
4. The Beverages You Drink- Perhaps over 160,000 toxins are found in the things you might drink including pasteurized milk, alcohol, soft drinks, aspartame in diet sodas, energy drinks (most are contained in aluminum cans and are highly caffeinated),
5. Microbes and Parasites- Over 500,000 toxins are said to be found here. Fungus, bacteria, yeast, worms, amoebas, and viruses all feed off a host organism (you in this case) These microscopic organisms feed off your nutrients and then leave behind toxic waste matter including acids which enter your blood and organs.
6. Heavy Metal toxins- Over 130,000 toxins can be found in this category. Ladies beware of the cosmetics you are putting on your skin as well as the lotions and potions you use. Deordorant contains aluminum, toothpaste has fluoride, (on the tube it usually says if swallowed contact the Poison Control Center) vaccines, household and automobile paints, cookware, amalgam dental fillings, mercury found in much of the farmed fish, light bulbs.
7. Physical and Emotional Stress- 200,000 stressor toxins potentially zap our vital force including depression, fear, anger and anxiety as well as other negative emotions. E-Motion=energy in motion. Emotional miasms can hit certain parts of your organs and weaken the vital force of that organ causing it to lose its ability to function properly and when this happens disease sets in. The thoughts you think can have either a positive or negative affect on your health. The Bible says "Be anxious for nothing but in everything by prayer and supplication let your requests be known unto God."
8. Radiation- Over 230,000 toxins can hit us in this area including microwave cooking, cell towers, cell phones, body scanners at airports, X-rays, power lines, computers, household appliances, hair dryers, irradiated foods.
9. Prescription Drugs- 180,000- Aluminum, mercury, fillers, binders, synthetic hormones. See my article "Are These Prescription Drugs Killing You?"
Now with the above list in mind is it any wonder why the average person is probably toxic? Your body must remove many of most of these or else have a very very strong immune system to withstand the constant attack of these toxins. If you can not handle these toxins by avoiding them or flushing them out of your system you will lose energy and become weak, prone to sickness and probably succumb to a terminal illness.
I trust this article has given you a better understanding of your current situation. This is reality and we are not being told the truth all the time by our news media. Do your research and homework and take charge of your health. Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. Take care of it and try not to defile it. Yes, we must all suffer physical death but why not be a good steward of what God has given you so that you might serve others as long as possible during the short time you have here on earth. It makes sense to me. I hope it makes sense to you as well.
Carlton Pruitt ministers the gospel to the Los Angeles area. Formerly a Hollywood actor (SAG member)and junk removal expert he now spends most of his time studying the scriptures, writing articles, hymns and poems and doing street preaching.
See his videos on http://www.youtube.com Type LAStreetPreacher in the search bar. CONTACT at Carlton2061@gmail.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Carlton Pruitt or search for articles on the same topic or others.