Praying Pauls Prayers and Instructions
by Manuel Vargas
Free to Share
Author requests article critique
Free to Share
Author requests article critique
Praying Paul’s Prayers and Instructions
Paul was a Prayer Warrior during his Ministry on the earth. In all of his 14 Letters we find—Prayers, Intercessory Prayers, Proclamations, Supplications, Thanksgiving Prayers and Instructions on what to Pray about as believers. In the Book of Acts, we also have Paul in Action during his Ministry and how he exercised Prayer and Ministered to the people with many Signs, Wonders and Miracles.
So what Paul taught in his Letters about Prayer and the Instructions to Pray about certain things—is what he literally lived out in the Book of Acts. I’m being inspired to Outline all of Paul’s Prayers and the Instructions he left behind for us so we may exercise our Faith in the Practice of all the Prayers he wrote so we may apply it as Born-again Christians. After I Outline Paul’s Prayers in 2 articles (this being the first article of that Outline), I will then teach about all the remaining Prayers that I did not teach on (in the past) on this site that have been Outlined.
Paul’s Prayers and Instructions for the Christians at Rome
Paul Prayed that;
1. He desired to see them by the Will of God (v.10)
2. So he may Impart Some Spiritual Gift (v.11)
3. So that they be encouraged by Mutual Faith (v. 12) (Romans 1:8-12 NKJV)
Note: I wrote an article Titled, “Praying for Impartation of a Spiritual Gift” in my previous article dated 1-22-14. This article is the Practical example of how I Prayed and experienced this Prayer.
Paul taught on Praying in the Spirit (or in Tongues) and how the Holy Spirit intercedes for us (Romans 8:26-27 NKJV). God willing I will teach about this in the future.
Paul shared how he Prayed for Israel so they may be saved (Romans 10:1 NKJV).
Paul shared how he would like the Christians in Rome to Pray along with him in his Missionary Journey’s;
1. That he be delivered from unbelievers who will try to oppose him (v. 31)
2. That his service in Jerusalem will be accepted there (v. 31)
3. And that he may return back to Rome to be refreshed by the Church there (v. 32) (Romans 15:30-32 NKJV).
This is how we should practically Pray for our Missionary
Ministers in our Churches where ever they go. I would also like to point out that each Church that has Missions outreach should type up this small Prayer and give it to dedicated members who love to Pray so they may Pray it for those on the Mission field. (I’m sharing what I personally do--that Paul taught us).
Prayer will make the job of the Missionaries that much easier when we support them financially and spiritually by Prayer.
Now, we are going to Outline the Prayers in the Book of First Corinthians and what Paul shared about Praying and the Instructions that were given to us to practically apply today as Paul had desired for the Church of Corinth to apply back then.
Paul Prayed and Instructed the Church at Corinth on Prayer
1. Paul Prayed that they be enriched in everything by Christ Jesus (v. 5)
2. In all utterance and Knowledge (v. 5)
3. As the testimony of Jesus was confirmed in you (v. 6). This Prayer is awesome because we need to learn how to testify to others about what Jesus did in our lives. So we can pray that God grant us the utterance the ability to explain the testimony we have experienced in Jesus when were Born-again.
4. That we come behind in No Gift. Until Jesus returns (v. 7). NOTE: This simple little verse blows away all the negative doctrine and teaching that the Gifts of the Spirit are no longer in Action among believers today. There are teachings out there today that speak against the Gifts of the Holy Spirit in operation today. Beware and don’t believe those teachings. Paul clearly Prayed that we all don’t come behind in No Gift! Until when? Until Jesus returns. So Paul wasn’t just Praying that for Corinth he meant it and Prayed it for all generations and wrote about it so we may be instructed to Pray it for ourselves and our Churches today—that we do not come behind in NO GIFT Until Jesus Returns.
5. Who will confirm us until the end (v. 8) (1 Corinthians 1:4-9 NKJV)
I’m skipping a Prayer in (1 Corinthians 5:4-5 NKJV). I’m just pointing out that there is one there. Too deep and controversial so I’m led to leave it alone right now.
Paul taught that we can Pray to learn how to interpret the tongues we are speaking (1 Corinthians 14:13 NKJV). God willing I will teach on this and share testimony in the future.
Paul shared that when he Prays in tongues—his spirit Prays, but his mental understanding of what he Praying is unfruitful (1 Corinthians 14:14-15 NKJV).
In Second Corinthians Paul Continued to Teach on Prayer
1. Paul shared how he practiced renouncing hidden things of dishonesty (2 Corinthians 4:2 NKJV). This is a verbal application of a type of repentance Prayer aimed at confessing anything that the Holy Spirit may bring to our mind that we must confess—by renouncing it.
1. That they do no evil (v. 7)
2. That all Ministers in their Church may appear approved (v. 7)
3. That they practice what is honorable (v.7)
4. That you may be complete in Jesus (v. 9) (2 Corinthians 13:7-9 NKJV)
Paul’s Proclamation upon the Church of Corinth was, that they may be complete in Jesus, and the Grace, Love and the Communion of the Holy Spirit be with them (2 Corinthians 13:11, 14 NKJV). We may also make this Proclamation toward our Church and upon other believers today.
In the Book of Galatians there are no Prayers just Proclamations of Grace and Peace (Galatians 1:3/ 6:18 NKJV).
Prayers in the Book of Ephesians
In the Psalms we have Praise and Blessings Prayers and Proclamations. Paul wrote a few Blessing and Praise type of Proclamations as well. In Ephesians chapter 1, Paul opened up with Blessings and Praise for what God did through Jesus Christ;
1. We have Spiritual Blessings in Heavenly Places (v. 3)
2. He Chose us before the world began (v. 4)
3. He Predestined us to adoption (v. 5)
4. Paul Praised His Glorious Grace (v. 6)
5. We have Redemption thru Jesus’ Blood (v. 7)
6. We have Forgiveness thru the riches of His Grace (v. 7)
7. His Grace abounds toward us (v. 8)
8. God made known us the Mystery of His Will (v. 9)
9. According to His good Pleasure He Purposed (v. 9) (Ephesians 1:3-14 NKJV)
How do we turn this Praise into our own Psalm? By simply saying, I thank and Bless You O Lord for providing me (or us) with Spiritual Blessings in Heavenly Places…I thank You Lord for choosing us before the world began…etc. This is how we turn this into our personal Praise Psalm.
Paul continued to teach us how to Pray for Spiritual Wisdom and Revelation
1. Paul Prayed that we may have the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Jesus Christ (v. 17) Article written 4-11-11
2. The eyes of our understanding be enlightened (v. 18)
3. That we may know the hope of His Calling on our lives (v. 18) Article written 4-13-11
4. The Glorious inheritance in the Saints (v. 18)
5. Greatness of His Power Level one (v. 19) Article written 4-19-11
6. Mighty Power Resurrection Power Level two (v. 19-20) Article written 4-22-11
7. Seated at the Right Hand (v. 20) (Ephesians 1:16-23 NKJV)
I wrote several articles about this Prayer in April 2011, I invite you to read the 7 articles written about this Prayer in April 2011.
Paul taught us to Pray for Inner Strength and Love (Ephesians 3:14-19 NKJV) Article written 1-1-14
Paul taught us to give Thanks for all things (Ephesians 5:20 NKJV)
Paul taught us to Put on the whole Armor of God—by Prayer (Ephesians 6:11-18 NKJV) God willing I will teach this in the future.
Paul taught us to Pray for Ministers that they may be granted utterance to speak the Mysteries of the Kingdom (Ephesians 6:19-20 NKJV). This Prayer is self-explanatory but I will share a little teaching on this in the future God Willing.
Paul’s Teaching on Prayer for the Christians at Philippi
1. That their Love may abound, in knowledge and discernment (v. 9)
2. Approving excellence and to be sincere without offense (v. 10)
3. That they be filled with the fruit of righteousness by Jesus Christ (v. 11) (Phil. 1:9-11 NKJV)
Paul continued to share more about Prayer
1. Instead of anxiety—Pray, give thanks and supplicate your request to God (v. 6)
2. The Peace of God will guard the heart and mind (v. 7)
3. Meditate on Positive things (v. 8)
4. By learning what Paul did the Peace of God will be with you (v. 9) (Phil. 4:6-9 NKJV)
Paul’s Teaching on Prayer for the Christians at Colosse
1. That they be filled with the knowledge of God’s Will (v. 9)
2. In all wisdom and spiritual understanding (v. 9)
3. That they walk worthy and fully pleasing Him in every good work (v. 10)
4. And increasing in the knowledge of God (v. 10)
5. Strengthen by Might by His Power (v. 11)
6. For the application of all practice in patience, longsuffering with joy (v. 11)
7. Giving thanks for being qualified and partakers with the saints (v. 12) (Colossians 1:9-12 NKJV)
This Prayer is similar to the Prayer in Ephesians 1: 16-23 NKJV, remember we can personify this Prayer for ourselves or use it as an intercessory Prayer for our Church or other Churches that need our Prayers.
Paul continued to teach the Christians at Colosse more on Prayer
1. Whatever we do in word or deed we are to give thanks (Col. 3:17, 23 NKJV)
2. Continue earnestly in Prayer (Col. 4:2 NKJV)
3. Being Vigilant in it with Thanksgiving (Col. 4:2 NKJV)
4. Praying for Ministers that God would open a door for the word, to speak the Mystery of Christ (Col. 4:3 NKJV) Making it manifest (clear) (v. 4)
5. Epaphras Prayed—that you may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God (Col. 4:12 NKJV).
We have a lot of instructions on how to PRAY! The only thing that is left is to apply it and witness the results for ourselves. I’m a witness that all these Prayers work if we sincerely and diligently Pray them for ourselves and for others. So let’s begin to Pray these Prayers if we are not doing it. Prayer Works. May God Bless all of you to become Powerful Prayer Warriors in Jesus’ name, Amen.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Manuel Vargas or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.