Praying for Impartation of a Spiritual Gift
We desire to be used by God in a Mighty way. Along with that desire we received the Call of God for our lives and then we are placed in the Ministry that God had ordained for us to be in. However, the more we get in-tune with God the more our Prayers have to be made in-line with the Ministry God had entrusted to us. We begin to Pray in a way that will allow God to move in the hearts and minds of new believers (to desire more), as well and to allow us to be ready to Minister to them to be effective Leaders in the Kingdom of God. What do you mean Manuel?
Paul Prayed that the Christians in Rome may Experience More
The Apostle Paul captured an awesome revelation of his responsibility as a Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He believed that all new believers should experience more of God, and in all his letters he would share in the first chapter how he actually Prayed for them to encounter more from God. He also made it a point as to why he wanted them to experience more—so they may operate as Christians as he was operating in the Kingdom. Paul wrote;
For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of His Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers, (v. 9)
Making request if, by some means, now at last I may find a way in the will of God to come to you. (v. 10)
For I long to see you that I may IMPART to you SOME SPIRITUAL GIFT, so that you may be established (v. 11)
That is, that I may be encouraged together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me. (v.12) (Romans 1:9-12 NKJV)
Impart some Spiritual Gift
Impart—Metadidomi #3330 in the Greek means; to give over, or share.
This word is found only 4 times in the Bible. This is why we have not heard a lot of teaching on this topic of IMPARTATION. However, Paul wanted to Impart some spiritual gift to the Christians at Rome so they may experience the same Power and Anointing that Paul has been experiencing.
Remember Paul always desired for the Church to grow to the full Measure and Statured of Jesus Christ (Ephesians 4:11-13 NKJV). I also have this same desire when I write every article. I don’t write with the intent to show-off, no, I desire for all those who read these articles to implement them and experience the blessings of God personally.
Only in Pastors or Leaders Conferences held by Powerful Ministers on Christian TV will you hear the Phrase IMPARTATION. Nevertheless, I believe if we take a closer look at what Paul is teaching here about Impartation of some Spiritual Gift we will be open to experience this blessing in our personal lives to be effective in the Kingdom of God on earth.
Impartation on Level One (The Responsibility of New Believers)
The first area we must Pray for Impartation is for the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. This is not a Pentecostal Doctrine this is a Commandment from Jesus. Jesus commanded His disciples to experience the Baptism of the Holy Spirit in Luke 24:49 and Acts 1:5, 8 NKJV).
The Disciples were led by the Holy Spirit to Evangelize by Preaching the Gospel, and Ministering Miracles, Deliverance, and Healing and Salvation, and then they were Baptized in water after they accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior (Acts 8:5-8/ 8:35-40 and 19:1-9 NKJV) Philip and Paul Ministered the Gospel in this order;
1. They made sure the people heard the Gospel clearly and accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior.
2. They made sure they were Baptized in water after they believed and confessed Jesus.
3. Then Paul laid hands on them and they receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.
All this happened back-to-back. There were no Bible Classes on water Baptism (I know I’m stepping on toes right now). And there were no Bible Classes on the Baptism of the Holy Spirit—but only the immediate Preaching and Teaching that was done as they Ministered to the new believers and immerse them in water and Laid Hands on them to experience the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.
We are taught by Jesus to Pray for the Holy Spirit (Luke 11:9-13 NKJV) I invite you to read the article written on 1-13-2013 titled, “Your Heavenly Father Gives Good Gifts” to get more info about Praying for the Holy Spirit after you are Born-again.
Impartation on Level Two (The Ministers Responsibility toward New Believers)
Level One of Impartation is—to Pray individually for the Baptism of the Holy Spirit to be Imparted to you according to the directions of Jesus (See Luke 11:9-13 NKJV)
Level two of Impartation is—for Ministers who are Anointed and Gifted to lay hands on new believers to experience the Baptism of the Holy Spirit so that they serve them by Imparting the Spiritual Gift of the Holy Spirit.
The Biblical example we have for this is Peter and John in the Book of Acts chapter 8:14-17 NKJV;
14. Now when the Apostles who were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent Peter and John to them,
15. Who, when they had come down, PRAYED for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit.
16. For as yet He had fallen upon none of them. They had only been baptized in the name of Jesus.
17. Then they laid hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.
Peter and John were sent to Samaria to Minister to the Samaritan people the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. Philip did his job by Preaching, and Ministering Miracles, Healings, and Deliverance from demons, and then the Samaritans accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and were Baptized in water.
So Peter and John were sent to Minister the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. However, the point I want to make is that they PRAYED before-hand that the Samaritan people will receive the Holy Spirit (Acts 8:15 NKJV).
As Ministers we must do the same—we must PRAY for new believers to receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. This is PRAYING for IMPARTATION on Level Two.
Impartation Level Three (The Minister to Young Ministers)
Paul Prayed that he may IMPART SOME SPIRITUAL GIFT to the Christians in Rome (Romans 1:11 NKJV). This Level of Ministry of Prayer is designed for mature believers to Minister to young believers the SPIRITUAL GIFT or ANOINTING to operate effectively in the Kingdom of God on earth.
Paul clarified the Purpose of him Ministering to them in this capacity—so that they may be established, that is, that I may be encouraged together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me (Romans 1:11-12 NKJV).
Notice that Paul desired for them to be on his Level of Faith (Mutual Faith). Like Elijah was with Elisha in the Old Testament. And Jesus and Peter in the New Testament. We can only IMPART what GOD had given to us and directed us to IMPART to others through PRAYER.
My Experience in IMPARTATION on all 3 Levels
I’m going to share my experience of operating on all 3 Levels of IMPARTATION and I will use an outline format;
1. I was Born-again December 28, 1991 after reading many Chick Tracts.
2. I Prayed for the Baptism of the Holy Spirit February 1992. (Impartation Level One)
3. I was Baptized in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in unknown tongues on September 2, 1992 when a man of God laid hands on me.(Impartation Level One)
4. I was directed by the Holy Spirit to Preach about the Baptism of the Holy Spirit for the first time on February 7, 1993; Two men received the Baptism and spoke with tongues as evidence when I laid my hands on them. I did like Peter and John and Prayed that they receive it (Acts 8:14-17 NKJV). (Impartation Level Two)
5. On July 1, 1993 I was directed by the Holy Spirit to Anoint 2 men Suarez and Cangiano for the Ministry. So I Prayed over them and they fell on the ground by the Power of God and I poured oil on their heads for the Ministry. One week later Suarez Baptized his wife in water and then laid hands on her and she received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues. Cangiano also was used by God in the Healing Ministry and Laying Hands on young believers for the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. (Impartation on Level Three)
6. I remember 3 years after July 1996 during Bible Studies Cangiano was teaching Spanish Bible Studies and I was Teaching in English in the other room I Laid hands on Brother C. for the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, while Cangiano Ministered to Brother Santiago the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. (Impartation on Level Three)
The Objective of Impartation (Is Prayer)
Praying Biblically is ideal to experiencing everything that God has for us in HIS Kingdom. Jesus desires us to be Baptized in the Holy Spirit. Jesus also desires us to Pray for young believers to experience the same thing and that we become able body Ministers to help other believers to rise to the Mutual Faith so that we all can operate in the same capacity.
Paul Prayed for the Church at Corinth that they do not come behind in no Gift; while they are waiting for the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 1:7 KJV)
You see, we need to listen to the Word of God more than unbelieving Ministers who never experienced this Blessing nor was used in this capacity. I simply read it, believed it, and Prayed it and experienced it. Today I’m still Ministering to Young Believers the Baptism of the Holy Spirit and Laying hands on Ministers for a Greater Anointing to be used Powerfully in the Ministry. We have to live a Book of Acts Lifestyle each and every day. To God be the Glory!
So I encourage you to begin Praying for an IMPARTATION on all 3 Levels and again if you really desire it God will answer your Prayer. And I’m available to Minister it to you as well so there is no excuse for not being Bless by God. The Word of God is True and Powerful and it works all the time in Jesus’ name, Amen.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR BY COMMENTING
LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Manuel Vargas or search for other articles by topic below.
Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through
Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
TRUST JESUS TODAY
Free Audio Bible
500 Plus Languages
Faith Comes By Hearing.com