The situation was tense. King Saul's enemies abounded. Saul's massive army was waiting on his decisions. In fact many of Saul's "mighty" men were running and hiding in caves. Others fled (1 Samuel 13:6-7).
Saul was given orders from God's Prophet to wait. Saul frantically waited for seven days. As Saul waited for Prophet Saul much of his military retreated (1 Samuel 13:8).
The pressure was high. Saul finally decided to sacrifice an offering to God. However this was Samuel's responsibility not Saul's. As soon as Saul offered the heifer Samuel arrived. God attempted to reprove Saul through Samuel. Saul didnot repent. On a following military assault Saul once again usurped God's authority. When Samuel again corrected Saul he didnot repent. Saul began to lie, attempted to force God's hand and even assaulted God's Prophet. For this sin God abandoned Saul and purposed to replace him as King (1 Samuel 13:9-23; 1 Samuel 15:21-23).
An important thing we must remember is this: our sacrifices don't mean anything if we don't obey God. Failing to trust in God and His Word is equivalent to divination (Proverbs 3:5-7; Hebrews 13:5-6).
So how can we serve God? Let's examine what the Will Of God is:
1) Cast down anything and everything that opposes God's teachings in His Holy Word (2 Corinthians 10:4-7).
2) Ask God's Holy Spirit to renew our minds and hearts into the Mind of Jesus Christ (Romans 12:1-5; Philippians 2:5-12; 4 Gospels).
3) Remove the ways of this world from our minds, hearts and spirits (Galatians 5:1-26; 1 Corinthians 6:9-13; 1 John 2:15-17; 1 Corinthians 15:50-54).
4) Don't Worry. Take our concerns to God and Trust In His Promises (Philippians 4:6-8; Matthew 6:25-34; Psalm 55:22; Matthew 11:28-30).
5) Think On Godly Things Not human things (Philippians 4:6-8).
6) Ask for and submit to the Peace Of God (Philippians 4:6-8).
7) Put on the Whole Armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-18).
8) Cultivate the Fruit Of God's Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:19-24).
9) Cultivate the Gifts Of God's Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:8-16).
No loss we incur will surmount to the loss of God's approval (or Presence) in our life.
May we never submit to the daily pressures of this life. May we "Walk In God's Will" each day Trusting that God is Faithful. He Promises to Provide for our daily needs.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Greg Sayre or search for articles on the same topic or others.