I pray that everyone may have a Happy and Prosperous New Year in the Kingdom of God. As God had called us to live an exceptional life of Power, Love and a Sound Mind in Christ Jesus, I believe2014 will come with many challenges to motivate us to demonstrate the unshakable Faith we have in the Lord.
We will walk by faith and not by sight…We will be more than a Conquerors through Jesus who loves us…We will see the answers to our prayers…We will witness some of the most amazing things that was never seen in 2014…And we will have the Victory and Overcome just like Jesus Overcame and demonstrated the Victory HE experienced when He walked on the earth. Amen
The last two weeks of holiday shopping and preparation was a joy. The season of giving in celebration of the Lord’s Birth is something memorable each year that passes. Family, friends and acquaintances all share in the spirit of the season. I enjoyed the laughter, the smiles, and the food. As I was going through the Scriptures reading daily thoughts of Prayers kept coming to me. I read and prayed a lot. Then thoughts of teaching about Prayer came to me. So for the next few articles I’m going to teach in-depth about Prayer. I’m going to share a lot of testimony about Prayers that were answered and Secrets of how to pray Powerful Prayers.
Tying it all together
In my previous articles I was lead to teach about the 7 Churches and the Messages Jesus wanted those 7 Churches to understand that has a practical application for Churches today. Then I was told to focus on the Loveless and Lukewarm Churches—finally we taught about the Expressions of Love.
Today we will speak about Praying for Inner Strengthen and Love. It’s important that we grow spiritually from praying the “Our Father Prayer”—to Praying more detailed and Powerful Prayers. This is not to say that the “Our Father Pray”, is a wimpy Prayer. It’s just that we need to grow in our Prayer life as well as in other areas of our Christian walk.
Remember that Paul taught us that the reason Jesus gave us Apostles, Prophets, Pastors, Teachers and Evangelist is so we may grow into the full statue and Measure of Jesus Christ (Ephesians 4:11-13 NKJV). So what we are learning about this Prayer is really how the Apostle Paul Prayed for the Church of Ephesus. Paul Prayed for them to experience the Inner Strength and Love they need to be successful Christians. So this is a Powerful Apostle’s Prayer that should’ve been prayed by the following generation of believers after Paul’s generation—up—until today.
I believe that if this Prayer in Ephesians 3:14-19 NKJV for Inner Strength and Love was Prayed consistently and practiced daily throughout the Generations after Paul Jesus would not have to address the Church of Ephesus and define them as being Loveless. We only lose sight of something in our walk of faith when we fail to acknowledge it and we focus on other things. Love is the key ingredient in our walk of Faith. Faith Hope and Love is 3 ingredients to operating effectively as a Born-again Christian, however, Paul said the greatest of these is Love (1 Corinthians 13:13 NKJV).
Paul’s Prayer for Inner Strength and Love
I’m going to use the Amplified Translation of Ephesians 3:14-19, it will be a little longer but more explanatory then I will outline it afterwards;
14. For this reason [seeing the greatness of this plan by which you are built together in Christ], I bow my knees before the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15. For whom every family in heaven and on earth is named [that Father from Whom all fatherhood takes its title and derives its name].
16. May He grant you out of the rich treasury of His glory to be Strengthened and Reinforced with Mighty Power in the Inner man by the Holy Spirit [Himself indwelling your innermost being and personality].
17. May Christ through your faith [actually] dwell (settle down, abide, make His permanent home) in your hearts! May you be rooted deep in Love and founded securely on Love,
18. That you may have the Power and Be Strong to apprehend and grasp with all saints [God’s devoted people, the experience of that Love] what is the breadth and length and height and depth [of that Love];
19. [That you may really come] to know [practically, through experience for yourselves] the Love of Christ, which far surpasses mere knowledge [without experience]; that you may be filled [through all your being] unto all the fullness of God [may have the richest measure of the Divine Presence, and become a body wholly filled and flooded with God Himself]!
Paul’s Prayer is Powerful and Practical
The reason for using the Amplified Translation is to detail what Paul meant in this Prayer. Secondly, to point out that we not only need to Pray it, but consider the Practical applications of this Prayer.
1. We need to read this Prayer over and over (especially in different Translations).
2. We need to Pray this Prayer as is—As an intercession prayer for our Church.
3. We need to Pray this Prayer in a personified manner for ourselves individually.
Praying for Inner Strength and Love for Yourself
Although this Prayer was designed as an intercessory Prayer for the Church of Ephesus by the Apostle Paul we can take this same Prayer and adjusted to be meant for ourselves individually. Manuel we are not to change the Word of God! I know some of you are thinking this right now, but let me assure you that I’m not changing it I’m redirecting it toward myself so I can be Strengthen Inwardly and bless with more Love to be able to live in the Dimension of Love and Strength I need to comprehend God’s people. Do you see what I’m doing? You see, when Paul wrote this letter to the Church of Ephesus he was under the impression that they will see his example of Praying this Prayer and Paul hoped that Timothy and the rest of the Elders at that Church will follow his foot-steps and Pray this Prayer for the Church themselves after he was long gone.
Personifying the Prayer for Inner Strength and Love
Heavenly Father, You are the Father of all that is in heaven and on the earth; I ask that You will richly bless me with Inner Strength by the Power of the Holy Spirit to enable me to walk in the Dimension of Faith on the earth as Jesus did when He walked on the earth. So that the Dimension of Love Jesus demonstrated toward humanity will be in my heart and mind to live on a daily basis. I desire to be rooted and ground in this Divine Love so I may comprehend with all saints on how wide, and long and high and deep is Your eternal Love toward all those who trust in You. I thank You Father and trust that You will empower me to live this day in Your amazing Love in Jesus’ name amen.
This is how I Pray this Prayer myself, so now you know why I put up with unlovable and bitter people. I have so many stories to share and in the coming future I will include them as the Holy Spirit leads me. As for now I challenge everyone who hasn’t Prayed this Prayer to begin doing so and practically live out what you’ve Prayed because God had strengthen You to do so. We walk by faith let’s live by faith now.