To help lay a firm foundation for getting life right the first time you must apply:
LIFE ASSESSMENT NUMBER 12: KNOW WHAT YOU BELIEVE AND WHY
* According to a recent poll most Christians do not read the Bible on a regular basis. This was especially true of younger adults.
* There is too much going along with the culture.
* Many Christians do not know why they believe like they do. There is much programmed teaching that a person is taught to accept without questioning.
* There is sometimes a neglect of core biblical and Christian doctrine.
* There is an absence of biblical literacy and principles of proper biblical interpretation, like that discussed in Building Block One.
BUILDING BLOCK NUMBER 12: KNOW WHAT YOU BELIEVE AND WHY, WITH UNCOMPROMISING CONVICTIONS.
One's beliefs must be based on a divine source that transcends all human levels of knowledge. All teachings must come under the scrutiny of the Word of God. You need to be able to defend your faith and beliefs against opposition. Uncompromising beliefs will be evident in the work place, at college, in the home, marriage and family, and in one's personal integrity.
FOUNDATIONAL SCRIPTURE VERSES
Colossians 2:7-8; Ephesians 4:14; Hebrews 13:9; I Peter 1:13, 3:15-16; I John 5:13; Acts 17:11; II Corinthians 13:5; Romans 14:22, and the entire book of I John,.
1. Could you make a list of 10-12 beliefs you hold with conviction, that would not be compromised no matter what the situation?
2. Do you have any beliefs that are simply going along with the culture?
3. Could you defend your beliefs if someone challenged you?
Copyright 2013 by John Livinston Clark and Life Assessment Ministries. The author gives Life Assessment Seminars. For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.