To help lay a firm foundation for getting life right the first time you must apply:
LIFE ASSESSMENT NUMBER 11: LORDSHIP AND DISCIPLESHIP
* Lordship can sometimes be based on feelings, but it is not an emotional high, or a feel-good life. Emotion does not equate with devotion.
* Many Christians are not living lives consistent with their confession.
* Many Christians have compromised their faith with the culture, media, and personalities, amounting to idol worship.
* Lordship is sometimes a neglected teaching.
* It is not just a love God and live-like-you-want-to life.
BUILDING BLOCK NUMBER 11: HAVE TRUE CONFESSION AND BE OBEDIENT TO GOD'S WORD WITHOUT COMPROMISE.
This means living a disciplined life, giving up certain things if necessary, and being the example one should be. It is refusing to go along with the godless culture and media, and not putting sports figures, movie stars, or musicians, in elevated positions. You must be sensitive to the Holy Spirit in living a life consistent with your confession. It might include a denial of personal desire and prosperity. There must also be a willingness to go where Jesus would go, which means getting out of your comfort zone.
FOUNDATIONAL SCRIPTURE VERSES
Matthew 7:21-23, 4:19, 10:32-33, 16:24-26; Luke 6:46; II Timothy 2:4; II Corinthians 7:1; Romans 10:9-10, and I Peter 1:14-16
1. Is your Christian life based more on emotions or obedience?
2. Is there anything that you need to change or get rid of to make your life consistent with your confession?
3. Are you exposed to, or giving yourself, a continual diet of solid Bible teaching?
4. Are you willing to obediently follow Jesus no matter where that might lead?
Copyright 2013 by John Livingston Clark and Life Assessment Ministries. The author gives Life Assessment Seminars. For more information contact: email@example.com