To help build a firm foundation for getting life right the first time you must apply:
LIFE ASSESSMENT NUMBER 9: GOD'S GENERAL WILL AND PURPOSE FOR ALL BELIEVERS
* Each believer has to discover God's will.
* A person must be in the "center of God's will" to be blessed.
* God has one specific vocation or person to marry?
* God's will is often wrongfully more associated with what a person does than who he or she becomes.
BUILDING BLOCK NUMBER 9: KNOW GOD'S GENERAL WILL AS REVEALED IN SCRIPTURE, AND DO IT.
This is stated in Matthew 28:19-20. Get up, GO, and do something, anything, that will contribute toward advancing God's Kingdom and impact people's lives, using your strengths, desires, and spiritual gifts. This goes beyond vocation and career. It is doing something to build lives. Matthew 28:19-20 applies to every believer.
FOUNDATIONAL SCRIPTURE VERSES
Matthew 28:19-20; I Thessalonians 4:3, 5:18; Romans 8:28-29; I Timothy 2:2-3; I Peter 2:15, 19; 4:2, 6; 5:2, plus all of the other general commandments in the Bible.
1. Do you know your strengths that can be put to use to fulfill God's general purpose for your life?
2. Are there things that are keeping you from "going" in obedience to the Great Commission? This does not mean just "missions."
3. Can you think of one specific thing that you can begin using to impact people's lives?
4. Going in obedience to God does not mean you have to become a foreign missionary. Where might you consider going, or to what kind of people might you consider ministering?
5. If you offered to God even the smallest talent, ability, or resource, to watch him multiply in people's lives, what would it be?
Copyright 2013 by John Livingston Clark and Life Assessment Ministries. The author gives Life Assessment Seminars. For information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.