To help build a firm foundation in getting life right the first time you must apply:
LIFE ASSESSMENT NUMBER 8: RELIGION AND CHURCH ATTENDANCE
* Using religion or church as a facade for your problems.
* Having religion without a relationship with Jesus.
* Thinking that attending church and being a Christian are the same thing.
* Thinking that going to church or being religious will earn you salvation.
* Judgmentalism and legalism.
* Thinking that ALL local churches are boring or irrelevant so no effort is made to find one that is exciting to belong to.
* Many young adults are leaving their faith and the local church.
BUILDING BLOCK NUMBER 8: BE INVOLVED IN AN EXCITING AND RELEVANT LOCAL CHURCH THAT TEACHES BIBLICAL TRUTH. GO FOR THE RIGHT REASONS AND REALIZE THAT NO CHURCH IS PERFECT, BUT ALSO HAVE A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS CHRIST.
This means a church where God's work is evident in the lives of people, and the church is functioning as God designed it. Go to a church where the people are real and not hiding behind religion. Become an active member and serve God and other people in and outside that local body. A church should be an exciting place to be. Although many young adults are leaving the church by the droves, there are still many relevant and exciting local churches that have young adults attending in mass numbers. You may have to shop around. Don't assume that ALL local churches are boring and irrelevant. If you go to a church, you should also have a personal relationship with Jesus. Find out how by clicking on the link below this article.
FOUNDATIONAL SCRIPTURE VERSES
Isaiah 29:13; James 1:26-27; Hebrews 10:25; John 4:24
1. At some point in your life did you stop attending church, and why?
2. If you are not part of a local church begin looking for an exciting and relevant one in which to become involved, and that will help you grow spiritually.
3. Do you believe that you, in any way, are using church as a facade for your problems?
4. Have you ever been exposed to religious legalism? How did it effect you?
5. Do you believe that you have talents and gifts that could be put to use within a local church?
6. If not presently involved in a church begin shopping around for one that is teaching biblical truth, and where young adults like to go.
Copyright 2013 by John Livingston Clark and Life Assessment Ministries. The author gives Life Assessment Seminars. For information contact: email@example.com.