To help lay a firm foundation for getting life right the first time you must apply:
LIFE ASSESSMENT NUMBER 7: MONEY AND GIVING
* Not following biblical principles of the use of money and giving.
* Not practicing principles of money management.
* Prosperity theology.
* Having a credit/spend mindset.
* Too many credit cards.
* Wrong teachings about tithing.
* Malachi 3:8-10
BUILDING BLOCK NUMBER 7: ADHERE TO BIBLICAL PRINCIPLES OF THE USE OF MONEY AND PRACTICE WISE FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT.
Be responsible in using your money so that you will avoid waste and poor stewardship. Saving and wise investing is very important. Have proper biblical mindsets toward giving. Be smart in using money and honoring God with it. Give money to your local church and to any "neighbor" in need. Giving should not be thought of only in terms of money, but also in reference to meeting the physical and emotional needs of others.
FOUNDATIONAL SCRIPTURE VERSES
Matthew 25:26-29, 35; Hebrews 13:5; II Corinthians 9:6-11, 8:2-3; Luke 6:38, 12:15, 14:28; Deuteronomy 16:17; Psalm 41:1-3; I John 3:17
1. What are some ways you can give to your local church and to others besides money?
2. Are there things you can do to be a more responsible money manager?
3. Can you list 3 biblical principles about giving and money management?
4. Can you list 3 things to avoid in managing your money well?
Copyright 2013 by John Livingston Clark and Life Assessment Ministries. The author gives Life Assessment Seminars. For information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.