To help lay a firm foundation for getting life right the first time you must apply:
LIFE ASSESSMENT NUMBER 5:SUCCESS AND PROSPERITY
* Prosperity theology.
* Is it wrong for Christians to be successful?
* "Just do God's will" without taking any action.
* Stay broke and trust God.
* The culture's definition of success and prosperity.
BUILDING BLOCK NUMBER 5: DEFINED IN A BIBLICAL AND CHRISTIAN WAY IT IS NOT WRONG TO BE SUCCESSFUL.
It is not wrong to be successful in a biblical and Christian way, by following success principles and using biblical success stories as examples. Success goes beyond having a great career. It means having a heart right before God and having God honoring goals. Success means becoming the best person one can be in his or her character. It is a personal and spiritual journey; not a destination. Success means advancing both professionally and personally and not settling for anything less than God's best.
FOUNDATIONAL SCRIPTURE VERSES
Psalm 1:1-3, 37:4, 41:1-3; Joshua 1:8
1. Can you write out a personal definition of biblical success?
2. Do you have any goals at the present time? If yes, do you have a step-by-step plan to accomplish them? If not, list at least one that you would like to pursue.
3. How will your goals bring honor to God?
4. Is one of the items listed in the "problem areas" holding you back from pursuing God's best for your life?
Copyright 2013 by John Livingston Clark and Life Assessment Ministries. The author gives Life Assessment Seminars. For information contact: email@example.com.