To help lay a firm foundation for getting life right the first time you must apply:
LIFE ASSESSMENT NUMBER 4: SELF-ESTEEM
* Narcissism, an obsession with outward appearance.
* Abuse which says you are to blame.
* Allowing your self-worth to be determined by accomplishments or attractiveness.
BUILDING BLOCK NUMBER 4: YOU MUST DEVELOP A BIBLICAL AND HEALTHY SELF-ESTEEM, AND SEE YOURSELF AS GOD SEES YOU.
You are loved by God and have value as a person. You are a special creation with an individual uniqueness and giftedness. Love yourself in a healthy and humble way, knowing that you have strengths and weaknesses. Then you will be able to love others as you love yourself, as Jesus commanded in one of the 2 Great Commandments.
FOUNDATIONAL SCRIPTURE VERSES
Romans 8:35-39; Psalm 139:13-16, 103:8-14; Proverbs 27:2; Ephesians 4:11-16, 5:28; Romans 8:1; Galatians 6:3-5; Matthew 22:37 and Philippians 2:3-4
1. Do you see yourself as God sees you? Why or why not?
2. What do you like about yourself?
3. Do you celebrate your victories?
4. Do you know the difference between pride and self-love?
Copyright 2013 by John Livingston Clark and Life Assessment Ministries. The author gives Life Assessment Seminars. For information contact: email@example.com.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by John Clark or search for articles on the same topic or others.