To help lay a firm foundation for getting life right the first time you must apply:
LIFE ASSESSMENT NUMBER 1: YOUR SOURCE OF BELIEF
* Some denominational teachings.
* Biblical literacy.
* Bible verses taken out of context.
* Lack of proper biblical interpretation.
* Not believing the Bible to be inspired or that it can be taken literally.
* Cults and other human philosophies.
BUILDING BLOCK NUMBER 1 FOR BUILDING A FIRM FOUNDATION FOR LIFE IS THE CORNERSTONE: YOUR BELIEFS MUST BE BASED ON A DIVINELY-INSPIRED AND CREDIBLE SOURCE.
The Bible must be your source of all beliefs. It must be above all church tradition or programmed denominational teachings. It must be the one and only source by which all other belief systems are evaluated. The Bible is a trusted manuscript for living one's life as God intended and for one's assurance of eternal salvation. It is the source of divinely-inspired absolute truth and the evidence supporting diving inspiration is overwhelming, and has been accepted by millions of people down through the centuries as their "textbook for life." Any person who is intelligently honest would find it very difficult to NOT accept the Bible as the inspired Word of God. However, it must be interpreted using proper principles of interpretation, not just by human opinions. All of the other 11 building blocks for GETTING LIFE RIGHT THE FIRST TIME are based on this cornerstone.
FOUNDATIONAL SCRIPTURE VERSES
Psalm 119: 105; II Timothy 3:16-17; II Peter 1:20-21
1. If you choose to not have the Bible as your source of truth, then what is your source and how credible is it? What kind of results is it bringing in your life?
2. What are the possible different sources of truth and morality and how trustworthy are they?
3. Do you believe the Bible to be the inspired Word of God? Why or why not?
4. What beliefs have influenced your thinking the most? Home, school, church, or a combination of these?
5. If the Bible is your source, make one Bible reading goal.
Copyright 2013 by John Livingston Clark and Life Assessment Ministries. The author gives Life Assessment Seminars. For information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by John Clark or search for articles on the same topic or others.