Code Crackers for Christ
SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE
HIRE THIS WRITER
How do you crack a code if you donít know the key? How do you discover the love of God if His Word is written in a language you canít understand? And how can you help your child develop a heart that wants to be a Code Cracker for others?
Language is like a code. Letters and sounds mean certain things. If you know what they mean, you can communicate. If you donít, you can end up feeling lost and very confused. According to Wycliffe Bible Translators, thatís a problem that faces approximately 209 million people who live without the Bible in their heart language.
What is a heart language? Itís simple. Itís the language you know the best. When a thought comes into your heart, what language is it in? When you pray or talk to someone you love, what language do you use? Thatís your heart language.
Many of us recognize words in a language other than our heart language. We may be able to exchange greetings or make a purchase in another language. Some of us are fluent enough to read or write in a language other than our native one. But that is not the case for the 209 million people who need Code Crackers. Some might sit down with the written Word of God and recognize some of the words, but they canít understand deeply all that is being said. Many others do not have access to written Scriptures. If they do happen to see a Bible, they cannot understand what a single word means. Just imagine how sad that would be. They have never had a chance to read the Christmas story. Theyíve never read about Daniel in the lionís den or heard about Jesus walking on the water. Worst of all, they donít know that God loves them and sent Jesus to die for them.
A Code Cracker is someone who works to help decipher the code of languages so that every person can read and understand the Bible in his or her heart language. They might work in a faraway place, learning about the needs of others. They might work behind the scenes at home from a computer, designing software that will help Bible translators in the field. They might use their voices to record audio versions of Bible stories that will help others hear Godís Word clearly for the first time.
Code Crackers do all different types of jobs, from flying airplanes to writing books. You never know how God might use a volunteer who says he is willing to be a Code Cracker!
How can you and your family serve as Code Crackers from right where you are? Here are just a few ideas:
1) Find out who still needs to have Godís Word decoded for them. You can find out more about this here (http://www.wycliffe.org/About/Statistics/GreatestNeed.aspx).
2) Pray together for the people in the countries you learn about. Ask God to make a way for them to have His Word in their heart language soon. Pray that God will move whatever obstacles stand in the way of getting His Word to people He loves.
3) Pray for and write letters to someone who is serving in another country to translate Godís Word. Here is a list of people who would love your prayers. (https://www.wycliffe.org/Give/MissionaryMinistries.aspx)
4) Tell your friends and your church about the need for more people to become Code Crackers. Wycliffe Bible Translators has some great ways to help you do that. (http://www.wycliffe.org/Resources/students.aspx)
5) Adopt a Bibleless people group to pray for until they have Godís Word in their heart language. (http://www.wycliffe.org/Pray/BiblelessPeoplesPrayerProject.aspx) The Bibleless Peoples Prayer Project is a special program where individuals or families can sign up to pray for one group of people until they get the Bible in their own language. It could take months; it often takes years, but just imagine how wonderful it will be for one of those people on the very first day they can open a Bible and read the words that are written inside.
Will your family help break the language code that is standing between lost people and Godís love?
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Bonnie Rose Hudson or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
This article has been read 284 times < Previous | Next >