How can you go from being an average Christian to experiencing God's best? Here are some definite steps you can take to pursue that.
1. Identify your unique spiritual giftedness, strengths, and spirit-manifested abilities. Every believer has at least one spiritual gift. These are listed in several Bible passages. Ask your pastor if you want to know where to find them. Also ask other people what they see in you in terms of your unique giftedness.
2. Ask God for a definite confirmed directive for how you should use your gift. Notice I said, confirmed directive. Calling is not based upon a feeling. God will confirm it through other people and open doors.
3. Start moving forward with your God-given dream one step at a time, with whatever you have to work with, no matter how small. Do what you can, where you can.
4. Begin pursuing opportunities and knocking on doors, in line with your spiritual giftedness.
5. Walk through the doors that God opens, by faith. Be willing to go anywhere and do anything. Make yourself totally available to God.
6. As you move forward, seek wisdom through prayer, through Bible reading, and by getting counsel from godly people. Also make yourself accountable to others, by having accountability partners.
7. Keep in the Word of God on a daily basis and be receptive to the Holy Spirit's leading. Keep growing spiritually as a person.
8. Think and dream big. Do not limit God by your own thinking. God has bigger plans for using your life than you could ever imagine.