One of the topics that we must take a closer look into is the Teaching about the End-Times. In Matthew chapter 24, Jesus spelled it out for us and shared it in the order of sequence in which the End-Times will play out. I love the simplicity in which Jesus taught it. Jesus was asked 3 questions concerning the End-Times by His disciples;
1. Tell us, when will these things be? (Matthew 24:3 NKJV)
2. And what will be the sign of Your coming? (v. 3)
3. And of the end of the age? (v. 3)
Jesus went on to answer these questions about the End-Times from (Matthew 24:4-51 NKJV). Now, in the course of Jesus’ explanation He walks us through different periods of things that will take place. Jesus outlined the following things;
1. The Beginning of Sorrows (Matthew 24:8 NKJV) The whole explanation (verses 4-14)
2. The Abomination of Desolation (Matthew 24:15 NKJV) The whole explanation (verses 15-20)
3. The Great Tribulation (Matthew 24:21 NKJV) The whole explanation (verses 21-27)
4. After the Great Tribulation or Second Coming (Matthew 24:29 NKJV) The whole explanation (verses 28-30)
5. The Rapture (Matthew 24:31, 40-41) The whole explanation (verses 31-51)
Understanding the Sequences of Events
Although Jesus explained the End-Times in the proper sequence of events--we must be aware that the Rapture (the Church being caught up to meet the Lord in the air) (See 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 NKJV). Will take place between the Beginning of Sorrows and the Abomination of Desolation. How do we know this, because Paul taught this and so did John in the book of Revelations. The Abomination of Desolation takes place during the Great Tribulation according to Daniel and John (See Daniel 9:27; 11:30, 31 and Revelations 13:14, 15 NKJV).
Most End-Time Prophecy teachers believe and teach about the End-Times in this order;
1. The Last Days
2. The Rapture
3. The Tribulation
4. The Second Coming
5. The Millennium
I personally agree with this process that will be played out in the End-Times. However, I would like to point out several things that Jesus spoke about in Matthew 24, and the Dreams and Visions I received about the End-Times that parallel to the Word of God. So what is the Beginning of Sorrows? Jesus told us what they are;
1. Many false Christ’s—don’t be deceived by them (Matt. 24:4-5 NKJV). We heard the news about the Waco Texas psycho and his followers who perished. There’s this Rabbi who’s highly regarded by the Jewish people who recently died. I saw that he has an RV with his picture on the vehicle. This Rabbi proclaimed that he was the Messiah and he use to give out dollar bills to everyone. The Jewish people in Brooklyn NY are awaiting his resurrection. There are more phony Christ’s out there deceiving people that they are the Messiah.
2. Wars & rumors of wars—don’t be troubled it has to happen (but the end is not yet!) v. 6 Syria, Iran and other nations are soon to go to war with Israel and the US.
3. Nation vs. Nation—kingdom against kingdom v.7 Again we have Syria, Iran vs. Israel.
4. Famines, Pestilences, and Earthquakes in various places (v.7). We experienced Famines in many different countries over the past century. I looked online and saw a huge list. Pestilences—AIDS, SARS, Bird Flu, Diabetes, Cancer, and Flesh eating virus is just some of the things that’s been plaguing our world. Some will argue that it was man-made to depopulate mankind. Still others believe it’s God sent. Earthquakes are increasing dramatically I looked online October 15th, 2013, on Earthquake Track.
Earthquake Track recorded that on the 15th of October; 105 earthquakes took place that day. 661 earthquakes happened in the past 7 days from the 15th. We had 2,925 earthquakes happened that month; And 18,229 earthquakes in the past year since October 15th, 2013.
5. Jesus said, All these are the Beginning of Sorrows v.8
6. We will be Delivered up to tribulations (Trials and sufferings) and they will kill us, we will be hated by all nations because of His name v. 9
7. Many offended, Betrayed by one another and hated by one another v. 10
8. Many false prophets—deceive many v. 11
9. Lawlessness—love of many grow cold v.12
10. Those who endure to the end will be saved v. 13
11. The Gospel is to be preached world-wide and then the end will come v.14
Sounds Scary? There is Hope!
When Jesus was explaining these things about “the Beginning of Sorrows” it was not designed to scare us as much as it was said to prepare us for what is to come. For example, history tells us that the disciples saw the Temple become violated in 70 A.D. when Titus placed an idol on the site as the Romans sacked the Temple and burned it. Surely they thought they were going to see the Lord come back then. However, when we interpret prophecy one must have more evidences than that. Today, more than ever we are the generation that is encountering the things listed in Matthew 24, in great detail, especially the Beginning of Sorrows.
The Lord has been speaking to me about this “Beginning of Sorrows” because as Christians we need to have a clearer interpretation to Bible prophecy that’s more reasonable and practical. We are all encountering the Beginning of Sorrows around the World as Jesus indicated. Yet, we fail to catch the signs and be Biblically intelligent about how to seek God on what to do.
For example, here in New York Hurricane Irene did some damage. When Irene was in Puerto Rico my hometown before it hit NY I had a Dream with my mom and brother who bought a house by the water and Irene brought its waters 8 feet high destroying the home my brother bought. I wrote an article about it and New York suffered in the flood zone areas. Then a year later Hurricane Sandy hit New York and the damage is well in the Billions. In the Rockaways in Queens NY it still looks like a war zones of destruction. However, people still insist on rebuilding there and they don’t want to leave. They failed to see the signs and warnings to move out of the danger zone. Yes, I understand that heritage and life-long residency keeps you strong to rebuild. But more Hurricanes are coming and so is more damage forecasters, believers and unbelievers all have this premonition that more is coming. God gave me more Dreams that more Hurricanes are coming.
Jesus said more Earthquakes are coming in various places. This means in places that normally don’t have Earthquakes. I saw one hit New York and it toppled buildings in New York City. I was literally in the Dream walking over rubble to get to work and other places I needed to go. And in the midst of the chaos I was preaching on the streets the Gospel and people were very hungry for the hope of the Good News (the Gospel) and people were being saved, Baptized in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues, people were being healed in these Dreams because severe damage was taking place consistently.
Beginning of Sorrows-to-The Rapture
On January 9th, 1994, the Lord granted me a Vision of the Rapture. I was at this outside Concert Hall (I did not know the location) and I was told that the best Piano, Trumpet, Guitar, Sax, Drummer players and Musicians from the Christian World was about to perform on stage. I seen the musicians come in and set-up, I also seen many people pack this Hall and they were excited about being there when all of a sudden, a Glorious Light appeared over the entire Hall and stage area then a sound from heaven rang out then people were being drawn up into Heaven. The whole band left then people in the crowd started leaving but some were left behind then I was going up as well and then we started praising God for making the Rapture and we started yelling out to each other and recognizing sport athletes, actors and famous people. We were thanking God that we made it in the Rapture.
At this time, the earth was still being battered and torn by Earthquakes and Hurricanes. However, life was still going on and we were all at this hall to witness one of the most exciting Christian events that was about to take place, all the best musicians joined together for this amazing concert that was disrupted by the Rapture of the Church.
Although we are going to continue to be hammered by Earthquake, after Hurricane, after Pestilences, after Famine even here in America—one thing is for sure Jesus is going to meet us in the air. Jesus said so in, Matthew 24:31, 40-41 The whole Rapture story is from verse 31-51; and so did Paul in (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 NKJV).
What to do till then?
Jesus said we should WATCH (Matthew 24:42 NKJV). Luke wrote that Jesus said, Watch therefore, and Pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man (Luke 21:36 NKJV). Our job is to pray that we will be counted worthy to go in the Rapture. Jesus said it not me! I’m always Praying this prayer, because I don’t want to be left behind. Do you? I do not think so.
The last thing I want to share is that we must be wise like the Virgins in the Parable that Jesus shared in chapter 25, and have oil in our lamps. (That is, have a fresh anointing actively operating in our lives on a daily basis). In fact, the entire chapter of Matthew 25 speaks to us about preparedness during these last days. Read it over and over until the Power and Presence of God brings you the Divine revelation and Conviction we need to stay focus on the Lord and not on this worlds materialistic behavior patterns. Why, because the Earthquakes and floods and Hurricanes are just going to take all the material things and toss them away during the destruction by these disasters. In the Rockaways there are still boats, cars and houses scattered all around (it looks like my living room after my daughter finishes playing with her toys), if you were to fly over the Rockaways in a helicopter.
Even if we are wise enough to buy property in a no flood zone or Hurricane prone area, Jesus said Earthquakes are going to happen in various places so if we avoid 1 or 2 things we might get hit with the 3rd thing. That’s why Jesus said, it’s the Beginning of Sorrows.
Please Note: This is by no means a scare tactic teaching it’s more of a readiness teaching. Secondly, if God truly confirmed and affirmed to you to buy a piece of land for the ministry or for your family, I believe He will spare that piece of land. But if it’s destroyed then it’s time to seek God for another piece of property or to live out the rest of the time here on earth humbly until He takes us up to Heaven in the Rapture. (I hope I made sense).
I invite you to look on-line about all the floods, fires, mud-slides, Hurricane and Earthquake hit areas. Main-stream media and local news channels may not give you all this disaster news. They try to keep us blind and happy as if nothing is going on but local drama. However, all around the world there are many who are experiencing all that Jesus said in “the Beginning of Sorrows”. We will continue to teach about the End-Times in the next articles to come, Amen. Pray that you are counted worthy to escape these things in Jesus’ name.