Can't We All Be Happy?
by Sonja Burketh
Free to Share
Free to Share
SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE
HIRE THIS WRITER
“Can’t we all just be happy”?
That’s the question that comes to my mind each time I read the following passage;
“let's just go ahead and be what we were made to be, without enviously or pridefully comparing ourselves with each other, or trying to be something we aren't”. Romans 12:6A
I don’t know why I even keep asking knowing that the answer will always be no.
It takes a special type of person who can genuinely be happy for others. I'm starting to believe the ability to do so so must actually be a gift.
I’ve observed a few more things about these select individuals.
1) They have a genuine appreciation for the little things in life.
2) They are willing to share all that they have, be it a little or a lot.
3) They are willing to be the door opener for others
4)They’re not threatened by the success of others being secure in their own skin and abilities.
5) They always seem to attract additional blessings to their lives.
On the other hand, I have found none of these to be true for those who tend to be envious and prideful.
What I have found more often than not is;
1) They have a ready complaint about what's not right or fair.
2) They’re not willing to give much to anyone else, figuring you already have enough.
3) They are a hindrance to their own advancement by expending valuable energy being jealous of someone else.
4) Tend to run people away rather than to attract them.
5) Will suck the energy right out of you if you let them. I am really starting to believe that may just be their goal. Draining you.
Now that I am a little older and a little wiser realizing I do have some control over who I allow in the precious arena of my life, I’m leaning more toward those who are not just happy about who I am or what I may be accomplishing but are just happy people period. Life truly is too short to be surrounded by unhappy people. And I do believe the cause of a lot of envy toward others is due to being unhappy with one’s self.
The older I become I do find myself more empathetic toward people who just seem so unhappy with life and themselves.
This empathy motivates me to continue treating them with respect and love. No matter how they may treat me. Praying that one day whatever caused them so much unhappiness will also allow God to help them one day. Then maybe the answer to my question,” can’t we all just be happy?” may one day be yes.
Sonja Burketh, Inspirational Speaker and Writer
Founder of “Daily Moment of Thought” online devotional.
For additional information please email email@example.com
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE AS A MEMBER OR ANONYMOUSLY
Read more articles by Sonja Burketh or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
This article has been read 158 times < Previous | Next >